VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to split a DVD9 into 2 DVD5's with 100% quality using DVDFab but it crashes all the time. What other software can I try to do this? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    DVDFabDecrypter - rip the complete disc....then use DVDShrink to split it. Works every time for me.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, like hech54 said, split it with DVDShrink, using the Re-author mode. It works quite well, and is faster and simpler than most other alternatives.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good Lord, I'd need a rocket scientitst to figure out this method!
    Quote Quote  
  5. No, just a third grade education. Maybe that leaves you out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    No, just a third grade education. Maybe that leaves you out.
    I don't like VOBBlanker either....to me it's like the Rube Goldberg of backup software.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Maybe he wants to keep the extras and the menu. What good is DVD Shrink then?

Using VobBlanker for splitting a DVD9 is simple. Most of that guide is for cleaning up the loose ends, stuff that isn't even strictly necessary. You open the DVD, blank the chapters in the 2nd half of the movie, and process. Then you open it again, this time blank the chapters in the first half of the movie (and any extras you kept the first time), and process. The guide is very detailed and covers all possibilities, but at heart it's an easy process.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yup, I've been using that method for a while now. It does the trick most of the time. Every now and then there are some movies that vobblanker can't do (at least I haven't figured out how to do them correctly), like those that use multi-angle stuff or that have theatrical and unrated cuts interleaved on the disc.

I like this method because I get working menus on both discs and can keep whatever extras I want and put them on either/both discs. The guide doesn't go into detail about removing all the little 'intro' screens and stuff though, they're sometimes hidden in various cells, etc. That's one thing I've learned after getting a little more familiar with vobblanker. If you've got the time to try it out, it works great.
    Put NBC's Ed on Blu-ray!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by alegator
    I'm trying to split a DVD9 into 2 DVD5's with 100% quality using DVDFab but it crashes all the time. What other software can I try to do this? Thanks.
    Ya know using a program like DVDremakePro, you could just make 1 back-up with just the menu & movie, and then make another back-up with just the menu & extras.

Or you could do both, but keep half the movie & half extras on one disc, with the second half on the other.

Theres your two DVD-5's split with no compression. Nothing complicated here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    CloneDVD2 works fine for me.
    I love children, girl children... about 16-40
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote