VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have 2 HD Camcorders, both Sony, first one is the HDRSR8, and the second one is the new pocket HDR-TG3E, my problem is this, when I connect the SR8 the picture utility recognizes that there are new videos to download, but with the TG3E it doesnt, I have read through some of the posts on here, and as some people have stated, the files created whilst still on the cameras hard drive/memory stick are *.mts files and m2ts files once imported, Im not sure what the problem is, but im guessing that it is because the software has already downloaded files called 0001.mts-0010.mts from the SR8 and converted them, but now when faced with files of the same name from the TG3 thinks it has nothing to import as it has already imported and converted files by those names already, what do you think ? if this is the case what would anybody suggest ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My first thought would be are you sure the process is the same for both cameras? (ie: maybe the transfer process is automatic for the TG3E).

Aside from that, you could try contacting Sony and see what they have to say about using the software for two different cameras on the same PC. Although I wouldn't expect it to be a software issue.

And of course you could always perform the process manually. It should allow you to manually transfer any available files from the camera(s), even files that were automatically pulled by the software.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote