VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can anybody introduce me Video Enhancer and how does it works??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe I'm getting old and grouchy, but I am skeptical that this doesn't work.

Anybody got first hand experience ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know, but i do use the NEATVIDEO filter for Vdub and it's like night and day after a video is done & worth the $$ if you have a system you can have tied up for 4-5 days as it's extremely slow.
    http://www.neatvideo.com/
    http://www.neatvideo.com/examples.html

I doubt it's as good as going from SD to HD though 8)
    I would actually like to compare this filter to the neatvideo filter.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VideoEnhancer and NeatVideo are two very different products doing very different jobs. There is no basis for comparison. NeatVideo is a noise reduction filter, VideoEnhancer is a motion compensation super resolution resizer. One is for cleaning up noise video, the other is for resizing resolution upwards. Comparing these is like comparing apples and chickens.

Does VideoEnhancer work ? Well, it does upscale your resolution, and it does a better job on good source than a standard lanczos resize, especially when you are upscaling more than a few %.

Does it turn SD into HD ? Technically, if you set the resolutions correctly, yes. Does it make SD look like HD ? Of course not.

The one basis for comparison between NeatVideo and VideoEnhancer is speed. They are both very slow at doing their job. Depending on settings, VideoEnhancer is probably the faster of the two, but both are very power hungry and will use all of any machine you throw at them.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Ummmm... i know all this........

But i have converted VCD/mpg1 video to DVD resolution and used the neatvideo filter to improve it, which it has done.

So by using/testing this filter/program on the same VCD/mpg1 video, and finding out it does not make the video look as good, then i will have found out that it is not as good as it is advertised as being.... Now if it does a better job... so yes.... it can be a useful comparison 8)

I am not some clueless newbie (i hope most old timers know this) and speed is not a factor for me, quality is
    I'm just the guy that post's once in awhile and sometimes does not make himself perfectly clear..... well.... unless you can read between the lines and can assume with a reasonable amount of certainty 8)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No offense meant - just pointing out that the two are very different products aimed at very different tasks. You may know it, but if I was a newbie reading this thread, I would probably get the idea that they were interchangeable.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote