VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I'm trying to extract some home movies from my camcorder which is in a .VRO Format.... I am trying to extract all of the .VOB files inside so I can burn them to DVD... I have like 10 VOB clips that my camcorder made into VRO files.. If I try to name the VRO file extension to MPG, etc I just get 2 minutes of a clip from about 1½ hours worth of my video...

I can not for the life of me find anyone, or anything of how to get the VOB files OUT of the VRO file..

Any ideas on a free program where I can extract these so I can continue with my home movie editing??

Please help me, I am desperate to just be able to access my files and do my editing..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Open with TDA
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I'm downloading right now, but from what I'm reading about it, it only converts .VOB to DVD Formats.. I didn't see anything about the .VRO and Extracting from that...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Yeah neither of those work.. Maybe I'm just explaining it wrong.. See Panasonic has Zipped up my .VOB files in a .VRO Format.. and just like you use WinZip to extract the files within, I need something to extract the .VOB INSIDE the .VRO file..

The programs suggested do not support .VRO File formats, nor extract from them.. Also when I try renaming the extension to say.MPG,.VOB, etc. I only get about 1:13 of time out of 1½ Hours worth of Video...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I’ve used TDA for VRO files.

Have you read this VRO TO DVD sticky guide?

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic269728.html
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jbrdbr111x
    I need something to extract the .VOB INSIDE the .VRO file..
    I need to do the above so I can edit the videos "before" I burn them to dvd.... Hince the .VRO to DVD does not work for me, because I need to extract the .VOB files INSIDE the .VRO file BEFORE worrying about burning or changing them to dvd...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I need something to extract the .VOB INSIDE the .VRO file..
    I need to do the above so I can edit the videos "before" I burn them to dvd.... Hince the .VRO to DVD does not work for me, because I need to extract the .VOB files INSIDE the .VRO file BEFORE worrying about burning or changing them to dvd...
    As I wrote above, TDA worked for me. The video can be extracted by “copy the video data to the HDD” and will be saved as .mpg extension. You can add from the disk directly or from the file. Then you can slice and dice this TDA file to author for DVD. If you want to go fancy and do other things, you have lots choices like VirtualDubMod. Or do fancier things, you can frameserve the mpg file to the video editor and then author it.

TS
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    When I try to open the file, I get the following error..

Then When I use the Wizard as told, I locate the folder my .VRO file is in, and I get the following error..

Any Ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is this some VRO file you have or are you using -RAM disk to extract with TDA? If this is a file, what method did you copy to it to the HDD? Is your burner capable of reading the -RAM?

TS
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I try to open the file, I get the following error..

Then When I use the Wizard as told, I locate the folder my .VRO file is in, and I get the following error..

Any Ideas?
    There are 3 files present on any DVD-VR disc, and all must be present for the software to treat it like a real disc. You can copy the 3 files to a hard drive folder, or read them directly from the disc. TMPGEnc supports VR video better than almost any other software. It will load the entire disc and give you the option of selecting any combination of clips from the disc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I tried using TDA to access a Video VR disc and it gave me these two errors:

*The video sequence header is incorrect.

*The video GOP is too long.

Is there something I have to fix/hack on the disc? The disc was made on a Japanese Sony DVD Recorder. MY Sony deck can playback the disc but not properly dub down the material to the HD.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try using winff. I am doing it right now and I am converting a vro file to big avi from which I will edit as I wish. Winff can convert the vro to other file formats as well.
    Quote Quote