VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all!
    Currently have an avi file with 560x240 resolution par 1.000 (1:1) that I like to make a dvd from
    My TV is 4:3 screen and not changing any time soon.
    When I use ConvertXtoDVD, it converts the movie to 16.9 that ends up cropping the movie screen more evedent in the title bleed of the titles beyond the screen
    To make matters worse I am lost to find the exact size because my tv PAL and not NTSC as this avi file is.
    What can I do to remedy screen resoltion problem in this case?
    Thanks a bunch
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Check your settings and ensure you have the output set to 4:3. You will end up with black bars on the top and bottom, but it should preserve the aspect ratio.

I typically just burn my avi files to DVD as data and play them back on a Divx supported player. Saves a lot of time, effort, and money converting files.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by drwho
    When I use ConvertXtoDVD, it converts the movie to 16.9 that ends up cropping the movie screen more evedent in the title bleed of the titles beyond the screen
    I doubt if the video is being cropped. More likely it's just your TV set's overscan.
    To make matters worse I am lost to find the exact size because my tv PAL and not NTSC as this avi file is.
    If PAL, it's 720x576, like most PAL DVDs. But if you'd like to make sure, open a VOB in DGIndex, GSpot, Bitrate Viewer, ReStream, or a number of other apps.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you are using ConvertXtoDVD 3 you can add overscan borders in the application. If you are using an older version, change to FAVC or DVD Flick instead. Both of these have overscan border functions built-in.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote