VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to convert my dvd from my camcorder so I can upload my videos to youtube. I've downloaded VirtualDubMod, but the file size it created in .avi was huge (stopped at 12gb when I ran out of space on my c drive). There was also something wrong with the video. Am I doing something wrong? What would be the easiest way to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You are converting to uncompressed video = huge. In virtualdubmod under video->compression choose a video codec like the divx codec or the xvid codec for smaller file size.

Or use autogk and convert from the dvd to an avi divx,xvid in one easy step. You can't cut with it though.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the problem with the video is probably interlacing which looks okay on the TV and crappy on a PC monitor.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Winff has a simple preset to convert most video formats to flv files that are generally optimal for YouTube. However, it is a converter alone, and will not edit long videos into shorter clips. For cutting, you will need to stay with VirtualDubMod.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guys, especially Baldrick. I've managed to upload my video. Now I have a smaller problem. I want to cut my video into sections or pieces. Problem is I'm getting an error message in windows movie maker.

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    WMM likely can't handle the type of AVI file. Cut your video with VirtualDub.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using the mark beginning and mark end buttons, then saving it. But the quality is much less good after cutting. Am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone? plz
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Aly199
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Probably. Set Video for Direct Stream Copy or else it gets encoded yet again.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by jolinzhu520 View Post
    YouTube won't support any VOB files.
    You're wrong. You're just a spammer trying to lie to people so they'll buy your useless product.

There's nothing like digging up a seven year old thread to spread false information.
    Quote Quote