VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Im looking for a program that will encode .VOB files to DivX. I know AutoGK can do it but I dont know how to install the DivX codec or where to get it. Another thing I need is to set the bitrate of my videos to 2Mbps because I have a DVD player in my car that will play DivX but only up to 2Mbps bitrate. So Instead of me choosing an exact filesize for my videos how to I manually set the bitrates? Is there a program that can do this?

Thanks,
    Alex
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Up to 2 MBps means that it supports max 2MBps but also lower bitrates. Or have you tried any divx and they didn't work?

You can download divx from http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/codec/ .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok. look at your post. see that the words divx codec are in red? they are a link to the tool page that has it. click on one of the download links there and save the file somewhere. then run it.

i don't use autogk maybe someone else can help with that.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. You probably shouldn't use AutoGK for the job because, although you can easily enable the Home Theater profile by installing it with the ESS chipset option, it sounds to me like you want the much more restrictive Portable 3.11 profile which allows a max bitrate of only 2000. And that's if what you're saying about your player is true. And as stated, you don't need (or want) to encode for CBR@2000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DivX
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Variable 2Mbps is its maximum stream from a USB drive. Thats why I wanted it in that range. And I am talking about Megabits not MegaBytes. Im just looking for a program that will encode VOB to DivX files in variable 2 megabits per second stream.

Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DivX wont let me encode .VOB files to DivX anyways. It says im missing a AC3 filter or something. How can I get it to work?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To get the Divx Pro convertor to accept .vob to convert, download and install this .ac3 filter...

http://download.divxmovies.com/ac3filter_1_45b.exe

Had to wait a couple of minutes before it "accepted" the program, but it works fine now. Make sure to use the default settings of the .ac3 (3/2 channel and 16bit audio) or you'll get an error.
    Quote Quote