VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    What I want to do is take a track I bought from www.rifftrax.com and add it to the DVD I own of the movie, without losing anything, including subtitles. The movie uses soft subtitles instead of burned-in in a couple spots, plus I like to keep the English captions too.

I could demux the video/audio, reauthor with DVDAuthor, then replace the original PGC with the reauthored one using DVDRemake Pro, but that would lose the subtitles since DVDAuthor doesn't support muxing subpicture streams. I could rip the subtitles to text and re-add them that way, but it reformats everything and loses italics etc. so I'd prefer not to do it that way.

So is there any better way?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    This is not difficult to do. Take a look at:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic275603.html
    Note that while this guide is for adding subtitles, the process is similar. You just simply add an extra audio track into MuxMan for muxing. No reformatting is required under this guide. No loss of subs, menus, etc. will occur.

The only problem you might have is that since we don't know how big the original DVD is nor anything about the extra audio, there is some possibility that you may have size issues. For example adding an extra audio track could easily require you to have to use a dual layer disc where the original fit on a single layer disc or (unlikely but possible) if it used almost all of the space on a dual layer disc, adding another audio track could make it too big to fit even on a dual layer disc. After you add the audio track and produce output to burn, you'll have to check the size. Squeezing back down to single or dual layer size is another matter entirely and covered by other guides.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, looks like the key is using PGCDemux and MuxMan. Will give it a shot.
    Quote Quote