VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I am using DVDStyler to make a DVD, and in every title I want chapters, but don't know how to do it, in video properties there is a box of "chapters", should I put the time and a comma like this: 4.21, 5.45, etc...or is there another way?. Also I want after a title end goes to next one and no into the DVD menu again.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    0, 4:21,5:43,15:00,1:10:00, etc

Setting-up chapter points
    Setting up chapter points in DVDStyler is fairly simple, once you understand the basics of chapter points. However, assigning chapter points to buttons can become somewhat confusing, partially because it is done in two separate processes. The following examples use a single menu with multiple chapter points.

The program automatically provides five default chapter points for each clip that is assigned to the movie timeline. Access the defaults by: Right click on a movie clip on the timeline -> Select properties –> View “VOB Chapters” field. The default chapter points are:

0 15:00 30:00 45:00 1:00:00

The first step is to determine where you want the chapter points to fall. If your movie clip was 60 minutes long (1 hour, 00 minutes), the default chapter points would make sense. The sequence would be (refer to diagrams below):

1. Chapter one start point = 0 (00hours, 00 minutes, 00 seconds)
    2. Chapter two start point = 15:00 (00 hours, 15 minutes, 00 seconds)
    3. Chapter three start point = 30:00 (00 hours, 30 minutes, 00 seconds)
    4. Chapter four start point = 45:00 (00 hours, 45 minutes, 00 seconds)
    http://dvdstyler.sourceforge.net/docs/DVDStylerManual.pdf
    Quote Quote