VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm a newbie .Ok i convert a 700 mb MPEG/AVI using CUCUSOFT PRO 7 which also automatically author the file.I Then burn the dvd using nero express which take less than 5min... but for some reason it doesnt work in my dvd player. But if i use nero vision 4 to burn the dvd which take about 1.5hr it works fine.Can someone tell me why it take so long when using Nero vision. and why it doesnt work with express
    Thankx
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    5 minutes is way too fast for the conversion to have worked (in my opinion) so I would suggest that it's failing and hence the DVD produced is no good

It might be worth checking the files play (or not) before burning them. I've never used Cucusoft Pro but I'd expect some form of log to be created. Looking for/at that might shed some light on the problem(s)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It takes 58min to do the conversion but 5 min to burn with nero Express and 1.5hr with Nero vision
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by STAR36
    I'm a newbie .Ok i convert a 700 mb MPEG/AVI using CUCUSOFT PRO 7 which also automatically author the file.I Then burn the dvd using nero express which take less than 5min... but for some reason it doesnt work in my dvd player. But if i use nero vision 4 to burn the dvd which take about 1.5hr it works fine.Can someone tell me why it take so long when using Nero vision. and why it doesnt work with express
    Thankx
    Is it an MPEG or and AVI? Probably not both.

I would probably use a better known encoder - i.e. CCE, Mainconcept, or one of the free ones. The one you use may be OK, but I wouldn't use it.

Quit being is such a damn hurry. You want it fast or you want it good? Can't have both.

Scrap Nero (for everything) and burn with IMGBurn. Burn slowly. It's not a race.

Use good media - i.e. Verbatim.

I'd also use a dedicated authoring engine. There are several good free ones available.

You've taken a bunch of shortcuts and you're realizing where that'll get you. Try doing the due diligence to create a DVD the hard, long way. You may not like the process, but I'll bet you'll find out a whole lot more about making a good, viewable disc.

READ, READ, READ. There's more knowledge here than can be comprehended by most humans, but don't be intimidated. Soak in a little more other people's processes and then create one of your own that works for you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm burning avi ,and i'll look into some of the stuff around here
    Quote Quote