VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My computer has some real problems. I suspect it is the hard drive, but it could be a virus. Anyway, I have used DVD Flick for over a year to convert avi's into DVDs. Never had a problem until recently, when now DVD Flick will simply not convert the whole avi. There are no error messages. The resulting DVD might just be 30 minutes, and 1GB, instead of the usual 2 hours and 4 GB. I also tried to use AviDemux (to make mpeg2) and Total Video Converter (to convert to DVD) and had similar problems. I reinstalled the softwares but that did not solve the problem. I tried different avi's. Then I used TMPGEnc DVD Author 3. I had no problem making the DVD folder and then burned with Nero at 4X and got a successful burn. My question is, in light of some problem that I have with the computer, why is TMPGEnc DVD Author3
    successful when DVD Flick fails? Also, I notice that TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 makes the DVD in a different way. Using DVD Flick (before when it was working) firstly, DVD Flick will encode the avi, then combine audio/video and then author. During these last 2 steps ( combine and author) it is normal that the hard drive will make a lot of noise as data is being written. However, with TMPGEnc DVD Author 3, there never seems to be this kind of "combine" and "author stage". Instead, there is just seamless encoding, until entire DVD folder is built. I never hear the hard drive chugging away as I do with DVD Flick. So there must be some real difference the way DVD Flick and TMPGEnc DVD Author3 make the DVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Until you fix your system and get it stable, it is a waste of time to even speculate as to why one program works and another suddenly doesn't. The simple answer is - because your PC is broken.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote