Listen, thanks again in advance for all the help here guys. i am not the sharpest tool when it comes to capture, but i *am* doing it, and its working, and heres my question.

i am capturing off my Panasonic DV recorder using Ulead. i am dropping out .avi files that i will then go back later and rename and then author dvds.

my camera is showing the date/timestamp on its display of when the video was shot. i think i told Ulead that i wanted to display time/date stuff for 2 seconds during dvd authoring, and if that happens, then great, but that doesnt do me any good right now wanting to label the video files with a general timedate stamp as well as a description.

i *assumed* that like the digital camera, i would find some sort of header information about the video clip, but for the life of me i cant.

do i need a third party program? what am i missing? i cant sit here and pay attention to each clip that goes by and write down the date time stamp that the video was shot on. i would love to be able to right click and go to properties and again, i **assumed** i would see the make and model of the camera, the video date/time it was shot, ect

any help is appreciated. id like to try and get this understood *before* i sit here and try and work through over 40 of these tapes that ive gathered from the past 5 years.

thanks again.

-java