VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    KeepVid (www.keepvid.com) is not working properly.

I just wonder if any of you have the same problem saving YouYube's and other web streaming videos with that application (that is online). It saves up to 50% or so (**.flv or even **.mp4), then it stops downloading and your video is cut by half.
    Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    KeepVid não está funccionando direito?
    Não é novidade, e está ficando cada vez mais comum.
    Boa-sorte!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    LOL
    Thanks for taking time to respond in Brazilian Softened Portuguese. So KeepVid is not working and this is very common. Is there any other option out there to save videos as **.mp4 (as that appication does it)? It seems KeepVid saves videos both as **.flv and as truly **.mp4 at a high superior quality. I just wonder if it gets those videos from YouTube and reencode them to MP4 (it doens't seem to be the case) or if YouTube have both kinds of files online...
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Both types are online for many videos, if not most of 'em. Do you have any trouble downloading other types of files? Any processes running in the background that might interfere? What browser are you using?
    Stiiv
    Quote Quote  
  5. The best FLV (and other) downloader I've found is Orbit downloader.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi folks; sorry for the late reply and thanks to all who took time to do it (jagabo and Stiiv - hi there, I'm running Firefoxxxxxxxx of course .
    Ít seems that Midsuki had the wrong answer.
    The problem is not KeepVid, but YouTube. It is limiting the downloadable version of better resolution videos, up to 5 minutes. Here's a tutorial that might help (in spite of the fact the video is cut at 04:50 or so):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT11GGD7qlI
    Also, I've heard that YouTube has fixed the problem (haven't tested yet) and now the time limit is 8 minutes. Nothing more. I've also heard that Helper for Firefox has a new version that catches both versions FLV and MP4. Anyway, I guess the best way to do this could be up there (link above).
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You can try http://www.spam.com
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    I'm having the same problems. i've tried to use it to keep some videos from youtube and it won't let me. i found several music videos that i want to keep and put on my ipod but well it won't let me
    Quote Quote