VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi forum, I have a question.

I have an MKV file that contains a Video, 2 Audio and a Sub file. The problem that I am having is trying to extract the ".ass" Sub File using MKVExtractGui.

When I attempt to extract the Sub File, it does extract, but the Sub File is incomplete, as if there was an error and it is not able to extract, even though MKVExtractGui doesn't report an error.

I have obtained the same exact copy of the MKV File, to make sure there was not any error when receiving the original one and the 2nd copy also renders an incomplete Sub File when I try to extract it.

Is there any other tool I can use to attempt to extract the Sub File, to at least be 100% certain that it is the MKV file?

Versions:
    MKVExtractGui 1.6.4.1
    MKVToolNix 2.2.0
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just tried seeing if I could get the Subtitle using VirtualDubMod, but I have to disable the audio using Avisynth. The video loads but there is nothing in the stream list.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Give a try to AVI-Mux GUI.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Midzuki
    Give a try to AVI-Mux GUI.
    Thanks for the recommendation.

I downloaded AVI-Mux Gui, but I am not able to figure how to demux or extract the sub files.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Other...
    Avinaptic (Demux menu)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the help.

Please disregard, I was able to find an alternative version and it works fine with MKVExtractGui.
    Quote Quote