VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    After deleting some buttons (for blanked out vobs), the existing buttons (which get renumbered) no longer link to their proper vobs. This hasn't happened with other dvds. I don't know (or understand) how to reset the gprm values to keep the original links intact. I tried hiding the buttons but they're still active and selectable. Any suggestions how to do this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi-

You shouldn't just Delete Buttons, but if you Hide Button->Jump To Non-deleted button, it won't cause any problems with the rest of them. And it won't still be selectable.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's what I did but when I go to the menu, none of the buttons are highlighted until I toggle around with the remote control. I figured it was because the hidden button was "highlighted;" when active, it's the first button and would be highlighted first. If this isn't the case, as you suggest, then the problem isn't with deactivating the buttons, it's with making sure an active button is highlighted when the menu is called. I know I could force-select a button to be active, but that would defeat that process where returning to the menu highlights the next button. Trivial, I know, but is there a way to maintain that?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm not entirely sure I understand, but maybe I do. If you hide the button that would normally be the first one selected and you go to that menu, nothing is highlighted. You'd think that "Jump To Non-deleted button" would make something light up when entering the menu. But if you hit "Select" on the remote control, it does look to me like it then goes to a non-deleted button like it's supposed to. I was testing this out using PGCEdit's Trace function. I'm not about to save it and test it in my standalone as I don't have any DVDs at the moment where I want to hide the first button in a menu. The button that was hidden is no longer active or selectable, though, as you seemed to be saying in your first post. The behavior is somewhat peciliar, I agree with you, but not much more than a minor annoyance, I don't think.

It's still way better than deleting a button and messing up the rest of the button commands, don't you think? You could always bring it up in the IFO/VOB Editors Forum at Doom9 where the developer, r0lZ, hangs out. He visits here sometimes as well, and maybe he'll see this thread.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by spiritgumm
    I know I could force-select a button to be active, but that would defeat that process where returning to the menu highlights the next button.
    I'd explore the commands that made the hidden button highlighted, they should contain button number, then change it (when you just hide buttons, the remaining ones keep old numbers). In case the highlighted button' number depends on episode you return from, it should be stored in some register (then e.g. used from pre-command list of the menu PGC). The command for remembering it might be either a part of button command for that episode, or a part of pre-commands list of the PGC started with the button.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When Dialog box open where you choose Hide Button, there is an option "Jump to non deleted button". Check that and all is fixed.
    Quote Quote