VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I want to create diagrams in Photoshop CS3 that I can import into Premiere Pro CS3. I then want to burn the video I create onto DVD (PAL format).
    I'm creating a Photoshop image 720 x 576 pixels (PAL format), but I am unsure what resolution to use......how many pixels per cm is suitable for a good quality picture?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    To be honest, it won't make much difference. Dots (pixels) per Inch/CM is a printing measure and not really relevant to video. Either 72 or 96 will work just as well as anything else, as the video will disregard the setting anyway.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    To be honest, it won't make much difference. Dots (pixels) per Inch/CM is a printing measure and not really relevant to video. Either 72 or 96 will work just as well as anything else, as the video will disregard the setting anyway.
    Thanks for the reply.
    I find the whole resolution subject a bit confusing, so I'll go with your advice. In my mind, I was thinking that having a higher resolution would give me a clearer end product video, but I'll choose the 96 you recommended
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you choose one of the video presets, you will find they are all 72 dpi.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    If you choose one of the video presets, you will find they are all 72 dpi.
    Thanks. I'll try the 72 instead
    Quote Quote