VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok opinion please. Don't know if it makes a difference or not, i lost one of burners. I bought a new one. I bought the Pioneer DVR-115DBK and I have installed as a 2nd burner the Lite-On DH20A3H lightscribe. Does it matter which one is set to master and slave. Right now the master is set for the Lite-on, from reading in forums i see that the Pioneer might be a better burner, so would it make a difference if i set it for master or install it as a slave. Opinion appreciated as always. Thanks all.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You should switch them, as Pioneers don't do particularly well set as slave. I have a similar setup in one of my computers. Pioneer DVR-111L as master and Lite-On LH-20A1P as slave.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks will do
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    My Dell came everything set as CS - Cable Select....and I left it that way and have never had a problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pioneer recommends their drives be set as master but.....I've had some of my computers set up with the PIONEER 111L & 112L as slave which worked out fine....Most importantly is to use a 80 wire ide cable with PIONEER dvd burners.....The drive should be in UDMA 4 mode when using a 80 wire ide cable. :wink:
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54
    My Dell came everything set as CS - Cable Select....and I left it that way and have never had a problem.
    Right, DELLs prefer CS.......
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks i need to find a picture of the 80 wire since i get confused with the wiringin. I set the pioneer to master. So far so good. Quiet and smooth. I have a dell XPS600 system, perhaps this weekend i will check the wire, buy an 80 if i need it, and change it to CS. Thanks all. Now in search for a picture of the 80 wire. Hope i find one.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Top example is an 80 wire - the bottom a 40 wire. Good luck

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it is a SATA burner you don't need to set anything. Only IDE burners need the master slave setup.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by rcguy1
    If it is a SATA burner you don't need to set anything. Only IDE burners need the master slave setup.
    True, but the OP refers to a Pioneer 115 and a LiteOn DH20A3H. Both of those are IDE drives.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks all. The wire is suppose to be brown? Mine is blue. Is there a difference in color?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by mn072065
    Thanks all. The wire is suppose to be brown? Mine is blue. Is there a difference in color?
    Color doesn't matter - most I've seen are blue actually.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks i thought so.
    Quote Quote