VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi, i have copied a movie file from my vcd. as usual, i will split the audios if there is two audio sounds using virtualdub. however, this time, i failed to split the two audios. when i checked the movie file's properties, it indicate the audio in mono. but, when i play with windows media layer, i try to adjust the left and right speakers, i can choose the audio that i wish to listen to. anyone can help me to fix the problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    When you say yuou can choose the audio you want to listen too are they two different audio tracks?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Use Virtualdub to demux the audio into a WAV file. Use Audacity (it's free) to split the WAV file into separate left and right channels. Convert the separate WAV files back to MPEG-1 layer II audio for VCD using BeSweet or something similar.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thecoalman
    When you say yuou can choose the audio you want to listen too are they two different audio tracks?
    yea, one is a cantonese track the other is a mandarin track.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    Use Virtualdub to demux the audio into a WAV file. Use Audacity (it's free) to split the WAV file into separate left and right channels. Convert the separate WAV files back to MPEG-1 layer II audio for VCD using BeSweet or something similar.
    can you please explain a little how to demux into wav file?
    Quote Quote  
  6. In virtualdub, file=>save wav
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    In virtualdub, file=>save wav
    thanks!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sharmine
    hi, can you give me some guides on how to remove the left channel audio using audacity?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi, can you give me some guides on how to remove the left channel audio using audacity?
    hi, think i have successfully remove the track that i dun want, though im not sure whether my method is correct or not. i just press the "x" for the track that i dun want. correct me if im wrong. then, i tried to convert to mpeg1 layer ii as u have metioned earlier, but..i can't find the file format for mpeg1 layer ii in besweet.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi, think i have successfully remove the track that i dun want, though im not sure whether my method is correct or not. i just press the "x" for the track that i dun want. correct me if im wrong. then, i tried to convert to mpeg1 layer ii as u have metioned earlier, but..i can't find the file format for mpeg1 layer ii in besweet.
    finally! i have found the file format. then, what should i choose for frc peset? and when i click the "go" button, a besweet notepad will come out. what should i do?
    Quote Quote