VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wonder if anybody can help me, i have recently purchased my first webspace and hosting. I installed joomla 1.0 on it and i have installed phpbbv3 along with coppermine gallery. It all looks really good and i like it but what i dont like is the fact that each of these 3 areas require users to register for each part.

I would like to have one login for all users to use the main site, the forum and the galleries, but i dont know how to do that. It was mentioned to me to merge user tables in the databases, but i am wondering if
    a. this is an easy enough thing for a msql newb like me to do?
    b. if there was any other way around the problem which may be easier or safer?

any help with this would be appreciated greatly.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe
    "CB Connector can create the connection between Joomla! and a forum without altering the core files of either system, it has a user synchronization feature that can import and export existing users between both systems. It can register new users automatically into the forum when they register at your site and as a extra bonus we added a convenient control panel for you to manage all the advanced features of the CB Connector"
    http://cbconnector.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=65

It supports phpbb3.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That requires the site to have community Builder installed, is that like a separate content managment system or is that another component?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have no idea. I haven't tried cb connector or communtiy builder just joomla.

Community Builder:
    http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/181/37/

a) Nope, you can't just merge the phpbb3 and joomla that easily to make one login.
    Quote Quote