VTS_01_1.VOB

and another like:

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB

each folder is about 1gb. i've got numerious folders like these. (i realise there's a bit of difference between the above two examples because one is just .VOB files, the other is .VOB files plus a few others).

what's the best way to put them onto the same DVD as a DVD which is playable in a DVD player?

i've got obviously ffmpegx and also toast 6.

any suggestions much appreciated.

thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    folder-1/VTS_01_0.VOB -- The "0" (zero) file, a menu or intro.
    folder-1/VTS_01_1.VOB -- The video file
    This folder has no IFO and BUP and is therefore not a valid VIDEO_TS folder; not DVD compliant. If you would burn it as-is, most DVD players would not play it.

folder-2/VIDEO_TS.BUP -- The backup file for VIDEO_TS.IFO.
    folder-2/VIDEO_TS.IFO -- The information file (commands, structure, first-play) for the whole DVD.
    folder-2/VTS_01_0.BUP -- The backup file for VTS_01_0.IFO.
    folder-2/VTS_01_0.IFO -- The information file for Title 01.
    folder-2/VTS_01_1.VOB -- The first video segment for video title #1 (<=1 GB)
    folder-2/VTS_01_2.VOB -- The second video segment for video title #1 (seamless continuation of segment 1)
    This folder appears to have all the files for a valid VIDEO_TS folder; it should be DVD compliant.

--

Get MPEG Streamclip.
    Open VTS_xx_1.VOB in MPEG Streamclip, where xx is the Video Title Set of your choice. If there are more VOBs in the same VTS, then MPEG Streamclip will ask if all segments should be opened (Yes). Convert to MPEG...
    Do the same for other VTSs.
    Set Toast to Video > DVD. Drop your 'converted' .mpeg files on Toast. Burn.

• If you do not have the QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component, then MPEG Streamclip will warn you about that, but for this process you may Continue anyway. You won't have visuals in MPEG Steamclip, though.
    • You will loose any menu, subtitles, and secondary audio streams in this process, if present in the source.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    cool. thanks very much for that info and advice. will attempt to carry it out soon.

cheers Case
    Quote Quote