VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to do some freelance work for a guy. I need to replace the background music that is on a flat avi file
    I don't want to affect any other dialog in the scene just the background music. I know it is a hard thing to do but it is possible. Does anyone know any powerful programs that can do this? I have Adobe Premiere but I don't think I can get it done with that program?
    Quote Quote  
  2. What format is your audio in? If it's a multichannel .wav this would be very easy with many applications even free ones such as audacity. If you don't know, use mediainfo to determine how many channels, format, codec etc...

If the dialog is embedded the same track as the music, it is next to impossible to separate out dialog from music
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think it is all on the same channel, it will be sent in the mail in a data disk but i am certain it is all in the same channel. He said it was recorded on a minidv and it is in a avi file so it prob is 1 channel
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    it is probably stereo at best and the best you could hope to do is overlay music over the existing audio track...you could isolate frequencies to capture the voice range but you will carry with it all the other noises/etc. also in that range.

what kind of video was it? It's probably a long shot but in the right situation you could do an overdub of the speech then add in your music and scrap the original audio from the camera.
    Quote Quote