VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some Sony Video8-tapes which I want to transfer to VHS-tapes but I cannot find any adapter for this purpose. Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are dedicated video-8 players - rare and quite expensive.

The only practical self-way is to us the camera that they were recorded with (or a compatable one) and use an AV cable to connect the video and audio lead from the camera into corresponding sockets on a VCR or use a scart adapter that has rca inputs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    May i ask why you would want to transfer to VHS?

In any event you need a hi-8 compatible player of some type. Check e-bay, some digital-8 cams will play hi-8 tapes too. The adapters you see for VHS only work because they are adapters for VHS-C tapes. It's still same tape, same format etc. Just a smaller housing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VHS-C
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    He didn't say Hi8!

If you're going to spend time transferring them, I would pick a better destination than VHS!

Cheers,
    David.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I was somewhat incorrect; I am going to transfer them into the computer (Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I hope Adobe Premiere Elements 2 is better than Premiere Elements 4. I hate this video editing program. If you were in the states, I would ship it to you for free. Maybe some people like it though.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The best solution I found, by far, was to use a Sony Digital8 camcorder. I compared several options... a Sony EV-S7000, a TRV-820 Digi8 cam, the pro version of the EVS7000 (can't remember the name) plus one or two others, and ultimately the Digi8 camcorder was by far the best picture quality--plus the convenience of giving me DV-AVI output right off of the camera.
    Quote Quote