VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. It's not clear to me what do you mean by "my player(blueray player). But there is no need to merge anything. You must convert the Blu-ray disk to an *.MKV file using an application to a hard disk. My preferred program is MakeMKV. (You can download it from this site: http://www.makemkv.com/download)

MakeMKV will create a single MKV file that has the embedded PGS (Blu-ray style) subtitles. You must have a media player to play that MKV file via its USB port. Many media player supports playing MKV files but the only player I know of that supports the built in PGS subtitles is the Netgear NTV550. If you find others let me know.

Some "blu-ray player" (that is a consumer BD player such as Sony, Samsung, OPPO, etc.) has capability to read media files via its USB port. Whether yours (or any) supports playing MKV files (complete with PSG subtitle support) from an external hard disk via its USB port I don't know.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    i have a mkv movie format and its subtitle and i have mux it with mkv merge .then i put on a usb flash to play it in the player .but it can not be played in the player(though i can play mkv movie format before muxing with the subtitle) and i want to know that how to attach the subtitle to the movie to it could be played in the player .i would appreciate if you you could help me
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    miad: Be sure to disable header compression in mkvmergegui, under file->options->disable header compression. Restart. And then add the subtitle. But not all players supports mkv with built in subs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    I have this mkv file with subtitle softcoded into it. I then Used MKVmerge to MUX another file excluding the subtitle. I used MKVextract to extract the sub file in .srt format. But when I tried to re encode the video file without subtitle and the subtitle file that I'd extracted earlier MKVmerge cannot append these files but gives this massage that I've attached ( log.txt ) for your consideration.

Please help me to understand how this works. Thanks & T.C.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Hi!

Sry for borrowing the thread but i use MKVToolNix to split mkv files so i can play the on my Oppo BDP-83 through a USB disk but the subtitles sometimes have strange signs in both ends of them, it looks like this...

<!>Then the sub is here and in the end the same<!>

And then it`s gone and sometimes it comes back.

Anyone that knows how to get rid of this and wy it occurs ?

It is enoying!

WIgWam
    Quote Quote  
  6. If the files are srt it looks like it's a file with tags. I wrote a simple program to strip out the tags such as <i>text</i> for italics etc.. (output line is "text" without the tags)

It's called SrtStrip It's free for use on Windows at your own risk. You may download from this page:
    http://www.favessoft.com/downloads.html

It's a simple app. It strips out curly brace {} tags and angle bracket tags <>. The source file is not changed. It outputs a file with the same name but an addition extension of .strip
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi I Have MkvMerge GUI 2.9.8 and when I try muxing mkv video with srt subtitle the subtitiles appear sometimes together like

"It was a sunyday" instead of "It was a suny day"

Help is much appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Hi!

Yes it was tags in an srt file and i manually remove them and it was fine. I will tr you`r program to.

I have another problem though!

Sometimes the files play ok non my oppo player from a USB disk after i have split them using MKVToolNix but suddenly they started to not play. Sometimes audio play and not the picture and after a short whilethe player freeze. And sometimes it freeeze withouth even start to play. The strange thing is that the files work great on my PC after splitting them but not on my oppo player. And this suddenly occured after having worked just fine.

Anyone that got any ideason this problem, i really whant to be able to use the player at it fullest capacity ?

Wiggy
    Quote Quote  
  9. make sure you disable header removal compression in the options - it can cause some hardware to have playback problems
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you!

That seems to make them more playable, but now the problem occurs where i cant se and set and watch the movie with my countries subtitle ?

Is that because of that option ?

And if, how do i get around that ?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by WigWam66 View Post

That seems to make them more playable, but now the problem occurs where i cant se and set and watch the movie with my countries subtitle ?

Is that because of that option ?

And if, how do i get around that ?

It shouldn't affect it

I don't know what you're asking ? You can't select the subs? Does it work on the computer software player ?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Ok it is like this....

After doing as you told me (Disable header compression in mkvtoolnix) the files i so far have tested seems to play fine, but instead another problem occured, the subtitle i need for my language (Swedish) cant be choosen. I cant press the sub button as usual and select it and i have tried selecting only that subtitle in MKVToolNix and set it do default and forced but it dosnt help.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hello,
    Is there anyone to help?
    I have a video file and a subtitle file in Persian language. I want to permanently add subtitles in video, I tried several tools, but in most of cases it shows the wrong order, like it change the position of exclamation mark, full stop, comma etc.
    Then after reading few posts here, I tried Sub2Divx and loaded srt file and AVI file, it perfectly displayed the subtitles in perfect language and I thought my issue is going to be resolved,.... but then when I Tried to create Divx from it, it showed muxing screen, and completed process, and then I opened Divx file, its only video without any subtitle (((
    Is there anything I am missing to do or is there better way?
    I will really appreciate someone who can help me solve my problem asap.
    Please someone, help me right now.
    Hoping for valuable help by some good fellas.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I am new here, but I am trying to encode a .SUB file into an mkv. I normally use Handbrake to convert videos but it only accepts .SRT files.
    I tried using MKVToolNix (MKVMerge) but the subs were not in the final movie as MPC-HC showed the subtitle section as greyed out.

I wish to get the .SUB into an MKV output. I am not keen on DivX AVI output.

assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking in advance

Hoover1979
    Quote Quote  
  15. What kind of SUB file? The text-based SUB (you can open and read it in Notepad) or the graphics-based SUB (opened in Notepad you see gibberish)? If the latter it's supposed to have an IDX file with it. Does it?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found the issue the .SUB file isn't detected as supported file only the smaller .IDX file is so I set the file thing at bottom right to "All Files" and selected all 3 files, the .MKV, the .SUB and the .IDX. Subtitles are in the output file after doing this.
    Quote Quote