VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    good day! just tried burning data only on a dual layer disc...it was successful though...my inquiry is: after burning, I tried inserting the disc on the dvd burner ( ASUS 2014L1} i used to burn it. but unfortunately nothing happens....dvd writer cannot read the disc....by the way i'm using NERO 7 ESSENTIALS....any info or help will be highly appreciated.....

thanks and more power!

eckoviscon
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    First, never use Nero to burn DL discs, it just doesn't work that well. Use ImgBurn instead and only use Verbatim DL media if you want to have consistent results. Nothing else works as well. That said, DL data discs should work with other media brands, but it's not worth the bother if you make coasters. Stick with Verbatim.

Second, it's not unusual that the burner that made the discs can't read them. That's not a true test that the disc is the problem. Try playing it on a set top player or a different DVD drive. If it still fails, then Nero or your media brand may be the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you so much for the info .....really appreciate it....good day!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay I have burned a dual layer dvd, and it will play on all my standalone dvd players; however, it will not play on any of my dvd drives connected through my computer, blu-ray drive, hd-dvd drive, the dual layer drive i burnt it with, any suggestions, and no i did not use nero, i used convertxtodvd
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok the dual layers will also work on the single layer dvd rom drives, just not the dual layer dvd rom drives, makes logical sense......(sarcasm)
    Quote Quote