VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have recently bought a Samsung DVD-R150. Can anyone help me on how to make the R150 region free? I have tried the hacks available for the Samsung DVD-R155 but none of them do not work. Can anyone PLEASE help me. Thank you very much.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Strange enough. I bought the same device here in Brazil on last June and the procedure I used to hack my DVD was that for Samsung DVD-R155, as indicated (the first one) and it worked as a breeze.
    Might the Samsung changed the firmware, in order to avoid the hacking?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    All DVD players CANNOT be made region free. Some can. Some can't.
    You may have one that can't.

Hardware changes during the manufacturing run may break hacks that used to work.

We're getting a lot of reports on DVD players sold in North America that they cannot be made region free, but the same player sold elsewhere in the world may be able to be made region free. It seems that Hollywood has gotten to the manufacturers here and gotten them to crack down on it.
    We're even getting reports on Philips players that can't be made region free and a few years ago Philips just about didn't make a player for the North American market that couldn't be made region free.
    Quote Quote