VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i downloaded a concert in the form of .mpg that is 434 mb and 43:01 in length. i ran it with windows media player, however the video abruptly ends in the middle of a song at 22:45 even though the bar is only about half way across the line. i know for a fact the concert is not over because i have seen videos on youtube of songs later in the concert. anyone know what i might be able to do to watch the full video? p.s i have tried running it with media player classic, and quicktime, same problem
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sounds like your file is damaged or corrupted

VLC can sometimes play damaged files

You can try downloading it again, perhaps it was incomplete (if your download was interrupted, for example). If this is the case, try using a downloading manager like flashget that supports resuming
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, i tried vlc and when it got to that certain point it just fastforwarded to the end im pretty sure there wasnt a problem in the downloading process too
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    lpmitch, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwudz

If it's a MPEG-1, you could try MPEG Corrector. Or maybe MPEG StreamClip for MPEG-2. But I suspect it's damaged too much for repair.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oh my bad man, lol thanks though. darn it neither of those files worked, the mpg fixer thing just wouldnt even open the video, and the mpeg-2 thing just showed the video ending at 22:45, i guess ill never get to watch the concert
    Quote Quote