VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some VOB files sitting around my imac. I want to convert it into an ISO file, so I can burn it onto a RW DVD with all the bells and whistle of a regular DVD.

Thanks for your time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You need an authoring program like Toast.

If the vob files are standard, iDVD can't use them, though you can use mpeg streamclip to convert them to useable formats (a search here should get you some tutorials).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I forgot to mention that the VOB files already have DVD structure when it was ripped from the DVD. What I was trying to ask but probably came out wrong was how to convert those VOB files into an ISO file so I can burn it to a blank DVD with Disk Utility.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try DVD Image Utility. Simply drop the DVD folder onto DVD Image Utility and it creates the DVD image file. Then drop the image file onto its icon to then burn it to blank media.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Case and ArtemisG3. You guys are a life-saver.

I did have a problem with DVD Imager in the beginning. It would just say "Working" and never finish or start for that matter. It hit me a couple of minutes later that it might be the name I gave it (similar to the quirk in Simple DVD). I used the default name and sure enough it worked. The program should display an error message if we aren't using the right naming format. :P
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It can take a while to make the image. You could always get info on the destination file in the Finder to see if it is "growing".
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, thanks. I got it working. It was the naming problem that made it freeze on "Working". After I used the default name, it immediately showed a progress bar that was missing earlier. You posted before I finished editing my earlier post. I didn't want to double post so I just edited my post.
    Quote Quote