VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using DVDFlick v1.2.2.1, I am adding 2 avi files to DVDFlick project. But the combined avi files are, Disc space used 4528MB of 4489MB, average bitrate 2810Kbit's and total duration 3:09:53hours. When I dreate DVD and use ImageBurn to burn the DVD(since DVDFlick does not recognize my internal burner), the last part of the 2nd avi file is corrupted. The movies paly until the last of 2nd avi (freezes up). I want to possibly cut out the credits or somehow shrink the avi files to fit on my DVDR. My burner is I/O Magic (external). Thanking you in advance, SY
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If your avi is corrupt then you can try repair it using divfix or similar tools(see our tools list) or cut it using virtualdub(click on it for guides).

And lower the video bitrate to fit more/dvd. The source avi file size doesn't matter because they are reconverted to dvd-video when you use dvdflick.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In the future, you can convert and burn files onto a DVD-RW disc. That way, if it doesn't work, you can simply erase and reburn. Once you have it working, you can simply copy the DVD-RW onto a regular DVD.

And I agree, it sounds like a bad avi file or a file that your app is having issues converting.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Baldrick, I ticked custom and lowered the bitrate to 2900Kbits in DVDFlick and was able to fit the two movies on the DVDR disc. Thanks again for the response(s). SY
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    glad you got it working

I was about to ask why nobody commented on the fact that your finished DVD folder was larger than the available space

Disc space used 4528MB of 4489MB,
    that you needed to reduce the total file size
    Quote Quote