VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried using Virtualdub, Nero Vision, and Adobe Premiere, and with all three of them, I can't seem to get the sound to record from the TV. Instead, it records from the mic in the computer. If I talk, that will be played back. Not the TV Audio. How can I fix that?

The program that came with my TV Tuner, Pinnacle Studio, is the only program I've used that does record from the audio from the TV but it doesn't come out synced properly. (In the preview screen, the picture always skips in the first 20 seconds, before playing normally. Then the resulting file is out of sync. I assume it's due to that skipping in the beginning). The sticky link about audio/video sync said that Studio is notorious for having sync issues. So that's why I'm trying Vdub, Nero, etc..

I'm using a Dazzle DVD recorder with Vista by the way.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If the software you are using doesn't have specific audio source selection use the System Mixer to specify the default audio recording device.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If System Mixer is the window that comes up when you right click on the speaker icon, the only option there for playback is speakers - Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 and the only option for recording is microphone - Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221.
    Quote Quote