VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possible to burn DVD directly using Sonic Vegas. And do i hav to render sound and video separately
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possible for you to

a) keep like posts together - this could easily have gone on your previous post as a follow up question

b) Use the correct product name. Unless you have a very old version, it is now Sony Vegas

c) Use meaningful subject headings. Having multiple posts all called "Sonic Vegas" is just annoying, and will not get you help.

To your question : It depends what version you have. Provide meaningful information to get meaningful answers.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Thankz for your guideline. I have compiled a project in sony vegas 8 now i wanted to burn it on to a DVD. Is it possible how to do to
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You render your video and audio out as separate, elementary streams. This can be done either in two separate renders, or by using the provided batch render script. You then author a DVD with DVD Architect, if you have it, or using another authoring tool. Finally, you burn it to DVD using a dcenet burning application. My preference is Imgburn.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    what if i use pinnacle 11 do i have to render audio and video separately with it as well or can i burn DVDs directly. what about nero 8 can i burn with it or plz u recommend some good software by which i can edit and burn directly
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nero is a poor quality DVD burning application. Compared to Vegas, Pinnacle 11 is a toy.

The question you need to ask yourself is a simple one. Do I want qquality and reliability, even if it takes a little longer and requires more effort on my part, or do I just want a simple solution that sometimes works and where quality is a secondary concern ?

Good software does things properly, which rarely, if ever, means doing it all in one go. Doing it properly means doing each stage properly, learning how to do it and why, and putting in the effort required.

If you just want a don't and dirty video conversion tool for avi files, try FAVC or DVD Flick. Don't waste your money on software that is more than you need or are prepared to learn how to use.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    No no i need quality in my videos. what about adobe premier cs 3. is it good can i burn good quality DVDS with it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    All the programs you are talking about are video editors. You use them to edit video. You use an authoring tool to create a DVD from the video, and a burning tool to burn the results. There is no such thing as an all-in-one product that produces quality. If you want quality, use the right tools for each stage of the job. You cannot have it both ways. Tools that try to do everything (e.g. Nero) do none of it very well.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a lot. I hav premier cs 3. I use it for editing and effects. When my project is ready to be burn to DVD. what do i have to do . Do i hav to sav it through premier plz explain u r so sweet
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is limited DVD authoring in Premiere Pro CS-3. You can also do a timeline encode to DVD without menus. All of this is covered in CS-3 documentation and tutorials. The full companion DVD authoring application in the Adobe Suite is called Encore.

Also Sonic is a separate company from Sonic Foundry which originally developed Vegas. Vegas is now owned by Sony.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote