VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hey folks,

I've got a HUGE avi file (2+ gigs) that I would like to add an included subtitle file to, then burn to dvd.

I have TMPGEnc DVD Author, but I haven't riddled out how to do it yet. Do I need something else?

Thanks!

Hal
    I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it..... Yup. Spppllttt. It's gone.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, update....

I just started fooling with the avi file in TMPGEnc Xpress to see what I could do, and I saw that the entire file has the subtitles already there in the video already.

Can I get rid of this, then import the subtitle file to make it a DVD selection?

Thank you,

Hal
    I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it..... Yup. Spppllttt. It's gone.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If the avi file has permanent/burnt in subtitles you must either crop them or blur if you want to get rid of them. But if you have vobsub / vsfilter or ffdshow installed and use tmpgenc xpress the subtitles might be added automatically if you have the video and subtitle files in the same folder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I wonderer if that might be the case, but I fear the subs are burned in, even thought I have the SRT files. I moved them to another directory, and the subs were still on the video.

I d/l'ed Virtualdub and msu_subtitle remover, but I tried loading the video and got "couldn't locate decompressor for format XVID".

Well, I'm off to search that one out. Thanks Baldrick!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Install koepis xvid codec.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What program are you guys using to add subtitles to your avis? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to even do it. Sometimes people give scripts out of things to watch with their avis but I'd like to just have it imbedded.
    Quote Quote