VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The new version of PS3 2.20 can show subtitles. But I can only play divx files with subtitles. I can't play mp4 files with subtitles. Can anybody help me?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://beans.seartipy.com/2008/01/11/step-3b-merginghardcoding-subtitles-with-mp4-file...ng-yambmp4box/

Its actually just merging which the writer admits.

Now if it works, you press triangle and select the subtitle option.

Try "srt" subtitle's only
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. I will try.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by furtem
    The new version of PS3 2.20 can show subtitles. But I can only play divx files with subtitles. I can't play mp4 files with subtitles. Can anybody help me?
    I have a question for you, how do you enable subs for Divx in PS3...I am unable to display subtitles with Divx videos...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Verminaard
    Originally Posted by furtem
    I have a question for you, how do you enable subs for Divx in PS3...I am unable to display subtitles with Divx videos...
    You can enable divx subtitle by AVIAddXSub on PS3. Search this program.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the response, but this is not what I meant. This program simply puts (integrates) the subtitle file into the video, so that's not the proper way to do it because this will play on all the divx capable players. Sony claims that FW 2.20 brings in the Divx Sub support. You don't need 2.20 to apply your solution.

What I need to do is, have the SRT files (or any other sub file) loaded in PS3's media player seperately, not burnt into the video file.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    aviaddxsub makes switchable subtitles and not burned in.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Have you tried AVIADDXSUB with bitmap subtitles idx/sub?

It seems to work fine with text subtitles, srt, but it won't display anything when I use idx/sub.
    It finishes normally, and the player indicates there is a subtitle track which you can turn on/off.
    But no subtitle displays.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this tutorial at http://dontcthis.com/2009/09/how-to-add-subtitles-to-your-ps3-movies/ helped me with all of these problems.
    Quote Quote