VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I'm completely new here.

I've found lists here of freeware to convert DVD to VCD but before trying to work these out I need to actually buy the DVD. The DVD will be 100% original and therefore, I assume, copy protected?

I obviously don't want to waste my time or money if this simply isn't possible.

I don't use P2P or anything like that but I'm wondering if as a plan B I can get the content from a place like this to make life easier and presumably save money too?

And in case you were wondering, it's 'In The Night Garden' that I want to copy for my baby boy and send to him in Asia. I'm in the UK.

Thanks ever so much for any help here.[/i][/u]

Search Comp PM
    Yes, it is possible. However what you are asking to do contravenes the rules of the forum as it is technically piracy. A little searching in the Tools section under DVD->VCD will find you several possibilities though.
    Read my blog here.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cxgcxg
    I've found lists here of freeware to convert DVD to VCD
    Sure. But it's easier, faster, better quality and cheaper (considering you need 2-3 VCDs for most movies) to just backup up the DVD to DVD-R. DVD players are ubiquitous in Asia now (I live in Hong Kong).

Search PM
    Originally Posted by cxgcxg
    And in case you were wondering, it's 'In The Night Garden' that I want to copy for my baby boy and send to him in Asia. I'm in the UK.
    Illegal.