VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tools used: Clone DVD2, subrip, subtitle workshop, TMPGenc dvd author 3

Ok details first, i wanted to add new subtitles to a dvd i already own, but i thought guides around here where quite complicated so i decided to try the same i always do when authoring from avi files since i wanted to create my own menus. The point here is that when i trimmed my subtitles on tmpgenc dvd author, everything was perfectly in sync and when i burned it all audio was getting more and more delayed, the reason why i think that video is the one going faster rather than audio delayed is that i know that tmpgenc locks changing fps option and since it's a movie it was 23.97 and changed to 29.97 due to the locked choice, plus subs are in sync with audio after i burnt. In order to make post easier to read i'll number my steps.
    1.Ripped subtitles with subrip
    2.Translated english subtitles with subtitle workshop, thus creating my new subs.
    3.Ripped movie to hard drive with cloneDVD2, i wanted only original (japanese) audio and no subs since i already have translated plus original (english) ones. I did the create video files on my HDD (i mean a folder with video ts etc)
    4. Imported everything (movie video ts folder, and subtitles i created) into a TMPGenc 3 project, at this time everything was in sync: video, audio and subtitles. created my own menus and bang! create a new folder to burn.
    5. Burning to dvd r
    6. Playing on my DVD audio gets more and more delayed, but subtitles are exactly in sync with everything that's being said, so my bet it's that it's really video going faster .
    Any ideas? thank you!
    Serg
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It sounds like the audio or video is beeing reconverted with tda. Does it play in sync if you play the dvd on your computer using a software dvd player?

I would instead try use subtitle creator, https://forum.videohelp.com/topic338721.html , it's not that difficult.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    It sounds like the audio or video is beeing reconverted with tda. Does it play in sync if you play the dvd on your computer using a software dvd player?

I would instead try use subtitle creator, https://forum.videohelp.com/topic338721.html , it's not that difficult.
    Hi Baldrick, I use your tutorials for adding subs to my DVD's, it's simply perfect !

The problem is, I use TMPGEnc XPress to correct the subtitles starting- and staying-times, but when I wander through
    the movie in the XPress editor, the audio there gets out of sync with the video, so I cannot correct the subtitles anymore before I use your method of adding them.

I use TMPGEnc for a LONG time, and suddenly all my AVI's are getting out of sync in it, since XPress processes the files using external parts, I suspect something must have been messed up in the way they are actually being processed.

I could post some chart from GraphEdit, if anyone could be able to help.
    Quote Quote