VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I burned some DVD-R and some +R, all with Deepburner, which does not have the ability to finalize a disc. They all play in one of my DVD players, but none of my others. I'm assuming this is because they were never finalized. Is it possible to finalize a disc that was written previously? What program to use? I tried Imgburn, and did the disc close, but it doesn't do anything. Am I in the wrong "mode"? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've never used it, but I doubt that it won't finalize a disc. By default, all discs are finalized unless you are writing in "multi-session" mode, in which case the discs are not finalized.

Since they are readable in one of your players, it is likely that your PC can still read them also, in which case you could copy one to another disc and check operation in your other players.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why would this toll not finalize??? That would be useless.........

"With DeepBurner you can create data, bootable, and audio CDs as well as data DVDs."
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Note : "Data DVDs"

Use Imgburn if you want correctly burned DVD Video. It is not the finalising at fault, but the format used by DeepBurner which stops them playing.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if you used deepburner and created multi session discs, which would not be finalised, you would be promted at the end of the burn to save the cd as you exit deepburner.
    had you saved the cd you could then put it back in the burner and finalise it. if you have not saved each cd burn after burning then you have no chance to finalise it as you didnt save the cd in the first place when you created a multi session disc.
    deep burner doesnt know whats on the disc if you dont save it after a burn.
    hope that makes sense.
    your only option is to copy the files off the disc and reburn them, dont burn multi seesion then deepburner will finalise the discs att eh end of the burn.
    when deep burner opens it offers you data cd/dvd audio cd or multisession disc.
    choose data disc not multi session, then the disc will finalise at the end of the burn, you wont be able to add anything to the disc after the burn.

i presume you are burning avi files?
    i use deep burner for this on a daily basis, choose data dvd/cd at startup, works everytime.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no, I burned DVD files (VIDEO_TS) files, and the reason that I say it won't finalize discs, is because I checked the help files and their website, and it said that it does not have that capabilitys, but that future versions may. And I check the box that said no multisession. All I know is that they play perfectly on my computer and my portable Audiovox (a few years old), but they will not play at all - I get errors like "this disc does not have playback capability" on my Phillips DVD recorder (just a few months old) and "NO DISC" errors on my other 2 DVD players, which one of them has always played everything I put in it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if you have video ts folders then use img burn to build an image of the video ts folder, it will then burn it to a playable format for a set top dvd player
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, but I was really hoping to be able to use these same discs, as I have quite a few of them already burned that are unusable in my standalone home player (even though it's a recorder)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by c5vetman wrote
    Thanks, but I was really hoping to be able to use these same discs, as I have quite a few of them already burned that are unusable in my standalone home player (even though it's a recorder)
    That's a lost cause. guns1inger already gave you the correct answer. When burned as data, which you have done, even proper DVD video files are never going to play on your recorder. There is nothing you can do to those discs that will change that.

You can salvage the information on them and create new discs using ImgBurn, which would then be playable on your DVD recorder, or you can just use what you already have on your PC, and your portable player.

A relative few DVD players can read data files, but most lack that ability.
    Quote Quote