VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, since I have to use a stand-alone VCR most of the time to copy my home-recorded movies from VHS to DVD(I have a DVDr/VCR combo), on certain movies of mine that were copied from either a store-bought tape or rental tape, I experience some staticy or distorted audio. Whats causing this? Some of my older videos that were recorded from PPV or HBO and Cinemax and even from older rental and store-bought tapes dosent cause this, but on some of the newer movies like Bad Boys II and 2 Fast, 2 Furious that were copied along time ago from rental tapes, I cant record them to DVD because I get this staticy or distored audio playback. To my knowledge, Im only having this issue when recording from a tape of mine that was recorded from a newer movie tape that was copied from either a store-bought or rental tape. If I were to copy the same movie from a tape that I got from PPV for example, I dont have a problem.

Oh, since most of my movies have started off with some sort of a copyguard, I cant use the VCR portion of the unit to play the tapes because the DVDr portion still picks up a trace of the copyguard so thats why I have to use a seperate VCR and an in-line video clarifier to filter out the rest of the copyguard.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have experienced this on home recorded vhs tapes that are over 15 years old, switching the audio out via the menu to mon usually removes the noise.
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm, my problem is exactly the opposite. My older ones are fine.
    Quote Quote