VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    A friend of mine has a laptop where everything is "inverted". Think: open an image in MSPaint > image > click inverted colors. Like that.

Also if you take an image, and invert the colors in paint, an "inverted" picture will look normal color on her inverted screen.

My question is: Is her screen broken, or is there some kind of setting in windows that we don't know about to switch the monitor back to normal? I've never seen anything like this before.

Any input would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Most graphics card display drivers have a rotate function

Just open display settings => rotate
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    Most graphics card display drivers have a rotate function

Just open display settings => rotate
    I've looked but don't see it. Can you tell me where specifically in the display settings, that this rotate option is found?
    Quote Quote  
  4. it's going to be different for each model, brand of graphics card.

right click your desktop => properties => settings => advanced => (for me it's nvidia control panel, for you it might be something else)
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm sorry I was mistaken; I thought you meant inverted image, not colors.

The answer is still within the display properties, where you can adjust color, saturation, hue, etc...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Most times with a laptop, that's caused by damage to the screen, or the connecting wiring to the display. But you can try to reinstall the video card drivers, just in case they are corrupted. Try moving the screen around, and at the hinges and see if it changes.

Also if the laptop has a VGA output, try plugging it into a regular monitor. You will have to change the video settings. But that might tell you if it's the display or the laptop or video card itself.

Another way is to try PowerStrip. It has a invert color function: http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/ps.shtm But it costs about $30US. There may be similar freeware programs out there.
    Quote Quote