VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I can not get any sound from my MPC. Any ideas or settings I need to check? Running Vist 32 bit.
    Thanks
    “When Memories Exceed Dreams Life Is Over”
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Not enough information. If no type of video works, I would suspect you don't have your audio set up properly. Go to your audio controller settings. If other players work, but not MPC, then reinstall MPC. If it's a particular type of audio, like AC3, you probably don't have the codec installed.

Try VLC. It uses it owns codecs, so it may tell you if it's a codec problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, since Media Player Classic is pretty much just a drop-in-and-use EXE, you can't really just reinstall it. But, yeah, I'd tend to wonder if jrank001 merely didn't have the audio codec for the movie installed. Does it indeed play without sound for every movie you try, or just one or two movies? Do they play correctly in any other player?

I've got MPC working with sound on 32-bit Vista, and didn't have to make any changes to the audio setups in MPC.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. AC3Filter? <edit>Nevermind, MPC has a built in AC3 decoder.</edit>

Try enabling/disabling the interal audio switcher.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    AC3Filter? <edit>Nevermind, MPC has a built in AC3 decoder.</edit>

That seemed to correct it. Thanks for all the input folks.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Did you have enable or disable the internal switcher?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I disabled and then reenabled. Then it seemed to work correctly. Strange.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I was able to fix this by editing the registry (using Vista). I posted the directions on this other form similar topic, see link.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/312806-No-audio-in-MPC-depending-on-the-player-exe-file-name

Cheers!
    SBelmont
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks sbalmont. I'll try it out
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi, I think that MPC-HC is a great thing but the menus spoil it a bit. I also could get no sound out of my movie (working but stuttering in VLC). After a struggle with enabling-disabling things I realized the "Volume" in the right-click-menu and found the "Mute" tick hidden there... So simple. How it got activated, I do not know.
    IMO, somebody should order the menus in at least a little logical way (like dismissing the "Navigate" and "Volume" rows - who would ever use a right click and 2 left clicks to increase/decrease volume a little bit or mute it?). Would not be much work.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi,
    For solving the sound problem In MPC , just go to View->Options->Playback->Output->Audio Renderer and change it to your correct sound Device, hopefully you can eventually hear the sound.
    Good Luck.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Media Type 0:
    --------------------------
    Audio: RealAudio COOK 44100Hz stereo

AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
    majortype: MEDIATYPE_Audio {73647561-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
    subtype: Unknown GUID Name {4B4F4F43-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
    formattype: FORMAT_WaveFormatEx {05589F81-C356-11CE-BF01-00AA0055595A}
    bFixedSizeSamples: 1
    bTemporalCompression: 1
    lSampleSize: 14880
    cbFormat: 112

WAVEFORMATEX:
    wFormatTag: 0x2004
    nChannels: 2
    nSamplesPerSec: 44100
    nAvgBytesPerSec: 0
    nBlockAlign: 930
    wBitsPerSample: 16
    cbSize: 0 (extra bytes)

pbFormat:
    0000: 04 20 02 00 44 ac 00 00 00 00 00 00 a2 03 10 00 . ..D¬......¢...
    0010: 00 00|2e 72 61 fd 00 05 00 00 2e 72 61 35 00 00 ...raý.....ra5..
    0020: 00 10 00 05 00 00 00 4e 00 18 00 00 03 a2 00 00 .......N.....¢..
    0030: 00 00 00 07 55 67 00 00 00 00 00 10 03 a2 00 ba ....Ug.......¢.º
    0040: 00 00 00 00 ac 44 00 00 ac 44 00 00 00 10 00 02 ....¬D..¬D......
    0050: 67 65 6e 72 63 6f 6f 6b 01 07 00 00 00 00 00 10 genrcook........
    0060: 01 00 00 03 08 00 00 25 00 00 00 00 00 06 00 05 .......%........

What does this mean ? I really noob in com stuff~ I hav no sound in my vid
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MPC-HC tries to be like VLC these days. For people that don't install codecs then it's usually fine but for people like myself, it can cause a lot of problems.

If you install all your own codecs and splitters then it is best to turn everything off in MPC-HC and only activate it if you have to.

I went to play an m2ts file today and the audio would not play which was strange since aac audio plays fine in other containers. I unchecked MPEG PS/TS/PVA under Source Filters and it played the audio.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have XP SP2. I don't get audio when I open video files with MPC. There is no problem on showing video. It opens flv, avi & mpeg2 files. I tried all the settings as described above and in other threads as well. I observed that the audio plays wherever it is 22050 Hz irrespective of the type. Ikons like ffdshow video, audio and AC3 filter pop up when I play videos. I searched in Realtek HD Audio Manager also for possible clues, but in vain. I use MPC mainly to find the audio shift and then to correct in other softwares.
    I would appreciate for the help to solve this peculiar problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DarrellS View Post
    I unchecked MPEG PS/TS/PVA under Source Filters and it played the audio.
    Kept getting the "Audio Switcher Out" error (when opening dvd video) with MPC-HC, and the above simple fix worked. Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try here: strictly speaking, you don't install MPC on to your system: http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/installing-media-player-classic-step-step-guide.htm Open MPC and click on View > Options, then click on the section entitled, "Formats". Click the "All" button to make MPC the default player for all media types. You can then close that section and close the program if you wish. Seems obvious, but make sure you've selected 'all file extensions'' or all the right ones for the type of video/audio file you're trying to play.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi, another problem, since this thread looks most active! My MPC cannot seem to play 10bits video but perfectly fine when playing 8bits videos, what can I do to adjust MPC? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    AC3Filter? <edit>Nevermind, MPC has a built in AC3 decoder.</edit>

How do i do that . I'm having the same problem no sound . I had had my MPC for a month and can't get sound from it. Please help this is soul destroying!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    See my previous post. To be honest, I'm not sure about the 10 bit rendering issue....maybe MPC-HC can handle that better?

For MPC
    In the main MPC windows Select View then Options (at the bottom)

Under Audio is where you will find the 'enable built in audio' just select it by putting dot next to it (I have regain volume selected too) then click 'OK'

For sound issues - Under 'Playback' make sure volume is at Max and Balance 50%
    Under Output Directshow video select VRM9 (renderless) Directshow Audio at 'default' Also select 'use texture surfaces and render in 2D' Leave Real Media and Quickshow as 'system default'

One other question, are you getting sound while streaming at all? I had a problem when I updated to Adobe Flash 11 from 10.3 on a windows 7 machine, (picture no sound) Having said that, Adobe 13 works fine....

Also check your system sound playback settings, is anything muted there? Have you tried uninstalling at reinstalling MPC?
    Last edited by bahjan; 19th Jun 2014 at 11:34.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Alexthomas29690 View Post
    How do i do that . I'm having the same problem no sound . I had had my MPC for a month and can't get sound from it. Please help this is soul destroying!
    Assuming you're using the current version of MPC-HC, and not MPC which is old and outdated, try going into MPC-HC's options and resetting it. The reset button is under "Miscellaneous".
    Quote Quote