VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For some reason the Dee Mon Video Enhancer will not process an mpeg2 video file I would like to enhance. Each time I make an attempt, I get the same two error messages. First I get "Statsfile not found." Once I close that box I then get "E759 Can't run the graph. Unspecified error. (80004005)." Since I'm not familiar with this program I really don't know what it's trying to tell me. I've run the program using the Wizard as well as just opening it without the Wizard but the results are the same. As far as I know the mpeg2 file is OK since I used it to burn a good DVD earlier. If you're familiar with this program, would really appreciate any help you can give.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    E-mail the author http://www.thedeemon.com/contacts.html

He's a nice guy.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    My first thought when I see 'Statsfile not found' is a two pass operation that is set incorrectly to start on the second pass. That is common in VirtualDub if you have the encoder set for two passes and you try to do the second pass encode without doing the first one. The first pass creates the 'Statsfile' and the second pass reads it, then does the encoding. Your enhancer may be having the same problem.

Just guessing, but the second error may be from the same operation where the graph from the first pass can't be found. You might check to see where that 'Statsfile' is supposed to go. Check the program folder. Maybe a folder within it is missing or the program is set to look in the wrong place.

But I've never used that program. I would uninstall, then reinstall it and see if that helps.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK guys (redwudz, Soopafresh), thanks for the suggestions. I think I may have had the passes setup incorrectly. Initially it was set to "Two pass-2nd pass". I've just reset it to "Two pass-1st pass". I found the language just a little confusing. Unfortunately, that didn't allow me to process the video. I no longer get the "Statsfile not found" error but I still get the "E759 Can't run the graph." Added to that is "Cannot allocate memory because no size has been set." This is trial software and at the rate I'm going now, the trial period will be over before I get a single file processed! So I think I'll take your suggestion, Soopafresh, and write to the author.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try doing a single pass or constant quality encode instead
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Try doing a single pass or constant quality encode instead
    That would be faster and easier . If you want to make a two pass, run the first one to create the 'Statsfile' then reset to second pass and run the second one to do the actual encoding. The second pass will use the info in the 'Statsfile' to set up the encoder.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm beginning to have second thoughts about even considering buying a piece of software that's do difficult to use. I've read the documentation and it leaves much to be desired in terms of telling you how to setup the software.

I tried doing just a single pass but that won't work either. I still get the same error message: "E759 Can't run the graph. Cannot allocate memory because no size has been set." What size is it talking about? The only reference I've seen to size in the program is the image size of the output file and that has been set. It's set automatically by the program unless you want to more than double the resolution.

I did write to the author earlier today, so hopefully I'll hear from him before the trial period is over. I really appreciate you guys ' efforts to help me out here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just thought I'd let you guys know that I heard from Video Enhancer's author today and it looks like all the problems I've been having were related to a bug in the program. An unscheduled update was made to the program to fix that bug just a few days ago. I downloaded the new version and all of the problems are gone away! Everything seems to be working just fine. The processing is quite slow but I knew that was the case. I just stopped the processing a short time ago as I need to use the computer. I'll have it process the file overnight.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This program is not designed to open mpeg2 files.
    You have to export it to some other format first.
    Before, I used to export files with VDub to lossless AVI, but now, I am using AVS script.
    This program understands AVS scripts.
    First, you use DGIndex to demux your source to d2v and audio tracks and create a project, then you create an AVS file "filename.avs" with contents such as:
    Code:
    loadplugin("C:\Program Files\DGMPGDec\DGDecode.dll")
    mpeg2source("Full_Path_Of_Your_Video_Track.d2v",cpu=6)
    Then, you just open that avs file in your Video Enchancer and it works
    You can multiplex your Audio Tracks with VDub or MKVTools later. It's a matter of a couple of minutes.
    It works for me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've had nothing but errors trying to use Deemon on my quad core AMD.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote