VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    after demuxing vob files I got ac3 audio files which coul not be read by ac3gain. any idea will be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try "fix" it with ac3fix first.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you, just tried ac3fix, the file is "in ok, out ok" and still can not work with ac3gain. My file is VTS_04.VOB.ac3, I suspect that it is a VTS type of file therefore ac3gain could not read it. If an ac3 file is derived from a mpg file then ac3gain work with it w/o any problem. does any one know a solution for this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The file must be named input.ac3. Just rename VTS_04.VOB.ac3 to input.ac3 and try it. Make sure you have Avisynth installed.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I already installed avisynth2.58 and .net framework1.1, I did change file to input.ac3 but it still did not work. I got this message "ac3 cutter could not open input.ac3 file for reading". It looks like there is still s.t. missing to run this.
    any help?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You're certain the file is actually AC3 ? Sounds like it might not be. Slice off a 10 second chunk of the AC3 or the VOB and post it here ( <6MB). Or download this and unzip into the same folder where your AC3 file is located. Run the .BAT file. It will demux the AC3 into mono tracks. That will at least tell us if the audio is in fact AC3. If it doesn't work, then the audio might be MP2 with an AC3 extension.

transcode.zip

Before

After

Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by volam
    after demuxing vob files I got ac3 audio files which coul not be read by ac3gain. any idea will be appreciated.
    for demuxing VOB-files i take Vobedit, a small freeware that works very well. with this you gain an AC-3 audiostream. Use the small freeware programm HeadAC3he which you can simple find with google in the internet. Both small programs are freeware, so you do not have any problem.
    i always use HeadAC3he for converting the AC3-audiofile to wav-file. there are also some more tools, then you can convert the AC3-file into mp3 or vogorbis.
    be sure, you will not find any trouble, both programs are working more than well. best results for nothing

pianchi
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP

this is what I know so far: My files are really ac3. when I changed the name to "input.ac3", ac3gain did not run at all (ac3 cutter could not open the file). When I changed the name to "input" only, ac3gain ran and only created "inputfix" file, no output file at all. can s.o. help me figure out what is wrong? Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I suspect that have file extensions hidden, so when you renamed the file input.ac3 you really ended up with input.ac3.ac3. You couldn't see the second AC3 in windows because it is hidden.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think the file extension is hidden too. Why ac3gain only created "inputfix" file when the "input" is the file to be processed. There is no "output" file. Maybe only soopafresh can answer this question.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try this

make sure "Hide Extensions" is UNchecked.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try this version. It should work with any AC3 file. You don't have to change the file name to input.ac3 any longer

ac3gainv4.zip
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I already unchecked the hide hidden extension, but it still made "inputfix.ac3" only, not "output.ac3"file. I will try version 4. Thanks alot.
    Quote Quote