VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. In Magix Movie Edit Pro, when I view a JPG photo in the monitor (whether normal or full screen), it seems noticeably less bright than the original.

I edit my source photos before importing, and this difference makes it difficult to predict the final result. I could end up doing further editing in MEP, increasing the brightness too much.

Looking a bit deeper, I found that the settings in File > Program Settings > Display Options are somehow involved. With Video Mode set to 'Default mode (Overlay mixer)' I get the darkness issue. But with it set to 'Compatibility mode (VideoForWindows)' the monitor and original look the same. Can I therefore set that permanently? Or will that cause some other problem? As you'll gather, my knowhow about the technical graphics-rendering issues underlying these 'modes' is close to zero.

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can usually adjust the overlay settings through the graphics driver control panel (right-click on the desktop and select properties. Click on Settings, then Advanced). The overlay is hardware assisted video display. Yours is obviously calibrated differently to the rest of the desktop (not unusual) and needs to be adjusted to show you a better representation of the image. You can try to do this by eye (or use the THX calibration tool on some DVDs), or use a professional calibration tool.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks gunslinger, appreciate the fast reply. I'll try that approach today.

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK
    Quote Quote