VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi ..
    I've a couple of questions about some audio things ..

1- I have a video with 2 audio streams , how can I separate each ( audio 1 in a separated audio file , audio 2 in a separated audio file , and the video in a separated video file ) . If you can , I need the program that can do such thing , and the way of doin' it if it's possible .

2- You all know that if I wanna make an audio CD it is limited in only 1 hour , more or less . How can I make an audio CD with 2 , 3 hours or longer .If you can , I need the program that can do such thing , and the way of doin' it if it's possible .

see ya .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi..

1- If we know what format you video have we can tell you more precise what to do and
    what program to use.
    If its xvid, divx video and mp3, ogg, ac3 mpa audio in a avi, mkv, mp4, ogm container
    you can use VirtualdubMOD.
    If its a vob file (DVD) you can demux (split) the file with projectx, pgcdemux and some other programs.

2- If you want to make an audio CD longer than 1h you must convert the music tracks to mp3 format.
    This will not be a standard Audio CD so the CD player must be abel to play mp3 files. Most DVD players
    can do this and some car stereo players. A good CD ripper and audio converter is Cdex dont go below 192kps.
    Another fine format is FLAC its lossless and can compress the tracks to 1/3 of original size. But its often only
    computers that can play this format a fin mediaplayer is Foobar2000.

stars....
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You CANNOT make a true audio CD (I am NOT talking about just burning MP3 files to disc, but making a true audio CD compatible with any audio CD player) any longer than the disc allows. 80 minute CD-Rs allow 80 minutes. That's it.

If you can find them, you can buy 90 or 99 minute CD-Rs and burn them. However, these discs do not follow CD standards and all burners can't burn them correctly. I have used the 90 minute CD-Rs for audio CD and they work fine for me.

You will have to have a DVD player that supports VCD or a VCD player,
    but there is a program called Audio2VCD at http://www.vcdeasy.org that can put 3+ hours of audio in VCD format on a single CD-R disc. Note that this is a VCD disc you create and NOT an audio CD. Otherwise, stars' suggestions are also possible.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Actually one can write over 7 hours of stereo audio onto a VCD
    if one feels satisfied with MP2 @ 224kbps.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi ,,
    mmm , I see . no matter , I'll just stick to the rules and use 80 minutes CD . and about the dumuxing job , I only need one of the audio streams separates , so I think dvdlab pro would do the job , wouldn't ?

see ya.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The choice of application for the demuxing job will depend on what container the original video is in (i.e mkv, avi, mpg etc... )

Use gspot or mediainfo to determine other codec information
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Midzuki
    Actually one can write over 7 hours of stereo audio onto a VCD
    if one feels satisfied with MP2 @ 224kbps.
    I'd rather have MP2 than MP3 at that value. You may not know this, but MP2 is actually more true to the original source at high bit rates than MP3. MP3 wasn't invented because MP2 sucks. It was invented because MP2 was actually too good - it didn't compress enough. MP3 may arguably be better than MP2 at lower bit rates in terms of file sizes and quality, but MP2 shines at high rates. A VCD using 224 Kbps MP2 audio would not be bad at all.
    Quote Quote