VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all, I just bought Panasonic DMR-EZ27 and have a problem when I try to record some of the cable digital TV program. I can watch the show lively without any problem but when I record it and playback the recorded show, the video is absolutely great but the audio is either silent or got static noise. I tried to record analog program and some of the digital program , both are fine, works great. The problem only happens for some of the cable digital channels. I tried many times, on different time frame but the same problem occured.

I tried to upgrade the firmware, connect it to the TV with either composite and HDMI, disable/enable VSS, etc. but still have the same problem. Anyone has any idea what's the cause of the problem or how to fix it?? Many thanks!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How are you connecting your Digital Cable source? Is it through coax or through RCA (Yellow, Red, White)? We need some more information before we can help you...

I don't think the problem lies between your cable box and the TV. We need to know how you are hooking up your cable box to your DVD recorder in order to help you more...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by driguy
    How are you connecting your Digital Cable source? Is it through coax or through RCA (Yellow, Red, White)? We need some more information before we can help you...

I don't think the problem lies between your cable box and the TV. We need to know how you are hooking up your cable box to your DVD recorder in order to help you more...
    I don't have cable box at all. What I have is a very basic cable services which allow me to watch channel 1-99. With the ATSC digital antenna of the DVD recorder, I can watch some additional channels like ABC HD and some other un-scrambled digital channels.

So I use coax cable to connect from the wall jet to my dvd recorder, and use component cable to connect to my TV. I can watch all the channels, both analog/digital, without any problem. But if I record some of the digital channels, and play it back, the audio is gone. It only happens in some of the digital channels, I can record other dig channels without any issues.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have another DVD recorder you can test with? I would try that in order to isolate the problem, in other words, is it my cable service OR is it my DVD recorder? Plus, you're hooking up with coax which is pretty flakey anyway, it would be better if you had an actual box from your cable company to see if your problem persists.
    Quote Quote