VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So I have this 2 AVIs, (Audio: Codec: 0x2000 (Dolby AC3) AC3, CBR, 48000Hz 192 kb/s tot , stereo (2/0); Video: Codec: XVID, Name: XviD 1.0.3, MPG4, Frames/sec: 23.976. Both vids have the same properties except for this: file 1 has: NVOP, DF and PVOP; file 2 has only PVOP, whatever that is). I need to join them, and when I open file 1 in VirtualDub it says Error: Truncated or invalid decompressed audio format detected (18 bytes, should be 36). Attempting to fix.
    I can only click OK, and when I click Play I get this: No audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format. (Source format tag: 2000). So I downloaded AC3File, which is what popped up when I googled "0x2000 (Dolby AC3) AC3", but still I get the same error.
    How can I fix it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. It appears the the audio is giving you problems. If avidemux doesn't work, you might try demuxing the audio and running the AC3 through AC3fix (AC3fixgui)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Madgelina
    So I have this 2 AVIs, (Audio: Codec: 0x2000 (Dolby AC3) AC3, CBR, 48000Hz 192 kb/s tot , stereo (2/0); Video: Codec: XVID, Name: XviD 1.0.3, MPG4, Frames/sec: 23.976. Both vids have the same properties except for this: file 1 has: NVOP, DF and PVOP; file 2 has only PVOP, whatever that is). I need to join them, and when I open file 1 in VirtualDub it says Error: Truncated or invalid decompressed audio format detected (18 bytes, should be 36). Attempting to fix.
    I can only click OK, and when I click Play I get this: No audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format. (Source format tag: 2000). So I downloaded AC3File, which is what popped up when I googled "0x2000 (Dolby AC3) AC3", but still I get the same error.
    How can I fix it?
    install AC-3 ACM Decompressor, it should fix that unknown tag 2000
    Quote Quote