VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I dont know if it is a problem with the programs im using or what but i burned a few .avi files onto 2 disks using divx for one and xilisoft dvd creator on the other, but they are both having the same problems. When i go to watch the video's the audio is fune but the video is off by exactly 1 second. is there any way i can avoid that happening?

EDIT: The audio is in sync when i play it using a computer, its just when i put it on a dvd that it doesnt work.
    God i hate having a limited number of dvd's
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Don't use Xilisoft software - it is crap.

FAVC or DVD Flick are a better choice. Higher quality, more reliable.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But the same thing happned when i used divx
    God i hate having a limited number of dvd's
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's best to avoid the problem, but you can add an audio offset, plus or minus, with a program like VirtualDub. Look to the audio menu. You need to select 'Interleaving' and you should see the 'Audio skew correction'. Add your offset, negative or positive and save out the audio and video with 'Direct stream copy'. Offset is in milliseconds, 1/1000 of a second. 1 second=1000 milliseconds.

BTW, MP3 VBR audio can cause a lot of sync problems. You can drop your video into Gspot and it will tell you if you have VBR audio. VDub will also tell you. You can save out the audio as a WAV file with full processing in VD, then add it back in and convert to MP3 CBR audio and have less problems.

There's more too it, but that's the basics.
    Quote Quote