VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have three DVD players that are DIVX compatible,but they all suffer from audio synch problems.a Philips,RJtech and Norcent. I notice that all three use an ESS chip,is that the problem? Are there any DIVX DVD players that don't have an audio synch problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The problem is (at least 99.9% of the time) not with the hardware, but with AVIs encoded by morons.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Mats is correct. Open your problem Divx files with Gspot and I'm sure you will see VBR MP3 audio. I wish VBR MP3 had never been invented because it barely saves any space over CBR MP3 and instead it just causes all kinds of sync problems. On the Philips players, typically you can press Reverse on the remote control and go back a little and then it will stay in sync.
    Quote Quote  
  4. If they have AC3 audio, run the files through Nandub (must be Nandub - not vdub), direct stream copy
    Interleave the audio 96ms and save. It doesn't take long.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the insulting techno-expertise. The DIVX files use mp3 audio that is CBR according to Gspot.
    Anymore insulting comments you want to direct my way or perhaps you might actually answer the question with facts instead insults.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have an LG player that plays Divx. Out of the box it was set to output PAL (I live in a PAL country), and when playing some NTSC framerate Divx files it would go out of sync. I found that by switching the output to match whatever the format was (i.e. output PAL for PAL, NTSC for NTSC). I have never had sync problems again.

It only happened on some files, and to be honest, I didn't spend much time looking into the problem or for patterns in the troublesome files. I prefer to have the native format displayed, and as that fixed the problem, I was happy.

If this is the cause of your issues then you may be faced with an extra problem. Even if you can switch your player to output native formats, your TV has to be able to accept them. Check this out before you start changing things, as it can be hard to change back if you can't read the menu.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's definetly not just a hardware issue. Most likely there is something in your files that the hardware doesn't like/support (VBR audio is the most common).

Post a screen shot of Gspot.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote