VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought four monitors in the last year or so. 2 - 19" Viewsonic, 1 - 17" Viewsonic and 1 - 23" Westinghouse. I learned my lesson. The Westinghouse has a bad pixel every once in while. Intermittent. Had one about 4 months ago in different spot that went away. How can it be good and then bad? The first bad on has been good for the last 4 months. The new one is fine as I write this. What should I expect? The Westinghouse was a GREAT deal at $180 US.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you're bound to find great deals that really aren't
    what's lacking is quality control...untested monitors shipped directly to the retailer...I smell China
    I read somewhere that you can try massaging the pixel and it may come back
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Soopafresh
    http://killdeadpixel.com/
    Nice idea!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My bad pixel went away. Second time this has happened. I did not massage it or use Soopafresh's trick, although I bookmarked it. Last time it happened on another part of the screen the bad pixel went away also. I'd like to know what exactly is going on and what to expect. How are screens "wired" for lack of a better word. How can it go bad and then come back. Last time it just went bad and came back to life with no problems since. This time it went bad but seemed to flicker a lot before it came back to life after about three days. Like I say I'm interested in exactly what's going on. Does anyone know or have you had similar experience or a bad pixel that never came back, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I see this on a Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_crystal_display

Some LCD panels have defective transistors, causing permanently lit or unlit pixels which are commonly referred to as stuck pixels or dead pixels respectively
    So I'm guessing you have a intermittant switching transistor.
    Quote Quote