VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    You need to load them into your editor, such as Vegas Movie StudioHD

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiohd

There's a free 30 day trial period for the software (which is only $40 anyway)

Watch the tutorials and it'll show you how to tweak the colors, increase saturation, etc.

Last edited by Soopafresh; 1st Feb 2010 at 19:50.
    "Quality is cool, but don't forget... Content is King!"
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you're just watching it on the PC, another option is to adjust the saturation, brightness etc... with your media player.

Most will have controls for the display settings
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^ Easiest method of all
    "Quality is cool, but don't forget... Content is King!"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Soopafresh, poisondeathray, thank you very much for your answers.

I still do not understand how to use this program for my case. But I have understood where it to search. Thank you very much.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Help, I downloaded Soopafresh's batch file, put the MTS files in the same folder and then initiated the batch file. The video appears to have come through great but I completely lost the audio. There is no audio at all. I am playing it through VLC media player and nothing is coming up. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi I have a little bit updated version of the batch file package (I had problems with some camcorder files and updating the package helped), so I am also posting it here and hope it will be helpful for others too (I think I already uploaded it somewhere but cannot remember where)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Soopafresh View Post
    Here you go. It's really, really easy. Follow the steps, and you'll have High Quality xvid AVIs in a matter of minutes.

1- Download Mts to Xvid VR2

mts_to_xvid_vr2.zip

2- Unzip, and drag your MTS or M2TS files into the same folder. Double click MTS_XVID_V2.bat to process

3 - Once it is done, you'll find the Xvid AVIs in the same folder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If You Want to Modify the Settings

Default Output:

848x480, video bitrate 4800k, mp3 audio 160k

Edit the batch file in notepad and modify these video parameters to your liking:

Audio:

To Deinterlace:

You must add -deinterlace as the first command after ffmpeg

please give me the best settings for avi .working fine with 1920x1080 and don't care about file size
    hi
    Quote Quote  
  8. please give me the best settings for avi .working fine with 1920x1080 and don't care about file size
    I could use the settings for 1280x720 too. The resolution should be changed in this line too, right?
    for %%a in ("*.dga") do @echo Lanczos4Resize(720,400) >> "%%~na.avs"

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I need help with my videos. I've downloaded the Mts to Xvid VR2 and converted my .mts video to .avi. However, when I try to import and edit the videos in Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 I only get sounds. I used Canon HG10 to record the video. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance! =)
    Quote Quote  
  10. may i know how to change the setting for the encoded video?? for example, changing 848x480 to 1280x1024
    Quote Quote  
  11. The batch conversion works very very well. If I can ask for a small modification.

Rather than encoding the audio as MP3 how can it be encoded as PCM? The version of Premiere (CS3) doesn't like it when I import the avi files in.

Anyone who could edit the batch file your help is super appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm having a similar problem. I'm trying to convert my .mts files into .avi files so I can use them in Sony Vegas Movie Studio 6.0. I used sooprafresh's MTS_XVID_V2.bat file conversion thingy and it worked great! easy to use - turned them into .avi files quickly. however, the new xvid avi. files are still not compatible with sony vegas... you can only hear the audio when I import them. Sorry if this was already answered in this thread... there was a lot to read and I couldn't find the answer! Is this because they are xvid and my version of vegas is a little outdated? I'm really not sure where to begin. please help - thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Soopafresh,

I am posting this directly to you as i can see you are the Master of all this and thanks a lot for all the scripts. I used avchd_convert__vimeo_v7 to covert mts to mp4. however this MP4 cannot be recoginzed as valid file format in windows movie maker (codec error) - downloaded divx etc but dint work. cannot open in nero to create video dvd, possibly same error?

I simply want to write this file to DVD and play on my dvd player... file output is exceptional ! thanks again to you and script.
    Could you please advise may be where i am going wrong?

Thanks,
    S77007
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi s77007,
    if you want to convert it to DVD VIDEO, why not to use Avidemux? Open the converted video in it (I am afraid that Avidemux cannot handle the AVCHD yet) and in main menu you will find Auto/Optical disc/DVD. Then save the video using different name (Ctrl + S) and burn as DVD VIDEO. It should work (I do not use this option as my DVD player is able to handle XVID AVI movies).
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Heliooos,
    But for some reason when i open newly created mp4 file in avidemux i have following issues -
    a) sound is stuttering so its like breaking with noise.
    b) picture is not moving with right speed (frames) when i set frames it reaches to acceptable point but sound is no where near and i cant really hear what is being said due to stuttering.
    c) Is there no other option than buying a software such as Vegas which Soopafresh suggested and will that keep the same quality as good as canon AVCHD when i actually write video to dvd or will it reduce the quality? I dont mind buying a software but dont want to loose out on quality..

Any ideas on how i can handle this?
    Regards,
    S
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I just tested it and yes, Avidemux has problems to play the video correctly. However, it looks like it does not have any influence on the output video.

I tried AVCHD video from my Canon HF10 and also loaded some video from DVD using MediaInfo to find out the appropriate settings:

Code:
    Complete name                    : \VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
    Format                           : MPEG-PS
    File size                        : 152 MiB
    Duration                         : 2mn 30s
    Overall bit rate                 : 8 471 Kbps

Video
    ID                               : 224 (0xE0)
    Format                           : MPEG Video
    Format version                   : Version 2
    Format profile                   : Main@Main
    Format settings, BVOP            : Ano
    Format settings, GOP             : M=3, N=12
    Bit rate                         : 8 079 Kbps
    Nominal bit rate                 : 8 500 Kbps
    Width                            : 720pixely
    Height                           : 576pixely
    Display aspect ratio             : 4:3
    Frame rate                       : 25,000 fps
    Standard                         : PAL
    Color space                      : YUV
    Chroma subsampling               : 4:2:0
    Bit depth                        : 8 bits
    Scan type                        : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.779
    Stream size                      : 145 MiB (95%)

Audio
    ID                               : 192 (0xC0)
    Format                           : MPEG Audio
    Format version                   : Version 1
    Format profile                   : Layer 2
    Bit rate                         : 224 Kbps
    Channel(s)                       : 2 kanály
    Sampling rate                    : 48,0 KHz
    Stream size                      : 4,01 MiB (3%)
    Then I set Avidemux like this - see attached screenshots. And the result looked OK (do not have standalone DVD to test it). Here is the MediaInfo output for the file:

Code:
    Complete name                    : test.vob
    Format                           : MPEG-PS
    File size                        : 3,13 MiB
    Duration                         : 20s 808ms
    Overall bit rate                 : 1 263 Kbps

Video
    ID                               : 224 (0xE0)
    Format                           : MPEG Video
    Format version                   : Version 2
    Format profile                   : Main@Main
    Format settings, BVOP            : Ano
    Format settings, GOP             : M=3, N=12
    Duration                         : 20s 680ms
    Bit rate                         : 1 110 Kbps
    Nominal bit rate                 : 8 000 Kbps
    Width                            : 720pixely
    Height                           : 480pixely
    Display aspect ratio             : 4:3
    Frame rate                       : 25,000 fps
    Standard                         : NTSC
    Color space                      : YUV
    Chroma subsampling               : 4:2:0
    Bit depth                        : 8 bits
    Scan type                        : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.128
    Stream size                      : 2,74 MiB (87%)

Audio
    ID                               : 192 (0xC0)
    Format                           : MPEG Audio
    Format version                   : Version 1
    Format profile                   : Layer 2
    Duration                         : 20s 808ms
    Bit rate                         : 128 Kbps
    Channel(s)                       : 2 kanály
    Sampling rate                    : 48,0 KHz
    However, I think there always be a quality loss, whan converting AVCHD to lower resolution DVD VIDEO. You cannot use some HD format like MKV?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	02_video_codec.png
Views:	2329
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	6009  

Click image for larger version

Name:	03_filters.png
Views:	441
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	6010  

Image Attached Images    
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello folks, I'm currently frustrated by several MTS files, generated by my Canon HD camescope, that cannot be fully converted to either Avi or Xvid, without stopping short half way, hanging up my pc,etc.

I've read this thread, followed what works, and it does work when I use MTS files that run for say 30 seconds to a minute. For .MTS files that are over a minute, it's ' a lottery' sometimes it works, other times not. If it's over 2 minutes in length, then it will most certainly hang up, leaving a partially converted file.

As a result, if I drag these files into Windows Movie Maker, even that "has to close due to unexpected error/exception".

What can I do?
    Tell me specifically, explicitly, assume I'm dumber than your door knob!

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Ridiculefr35, the mts_to_xvid_vr2.zip batch conversion pack did not worked for you? I used it several times to convert MTS files from our Canon HD camcorders (which we copied directly from the camera - did not use the attached Canon software). I converted files with duration longer than one hour and no problem.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello heliooos,

Thanks for your response. I've done exactly the same as you (out of necessity, as my Pixela software that came with the camcorder won't function). Hence I drag and drop from the sd card( in the card reader) to the hard drive. Hence the raw .MTS files are copied as is, before I've manipulated them using mts_to_xvid_vr2.zip . This works for small files, as said 30seconds to a minute. If it's longer, it's a 'chance' it works. If it's longer than 2 minutes, it simply doesn't work.

I've done longer conversions from 3GPP video clips to AVI, then using Windows Movie Maker, I've turned that into a movie file(.mov) successfully, hence I don't believe this concerns my pc, hardware, etc. I need to understand what my cause these larger files to fail to convert when it's MTS to AVI

I've purchased a software called Emicsoft MTS Converter. It works for the smaller MTS files. It doesn't work for the larger MTS files. MTS converter allows me to split the larger MTS files, and convert each segment, but even then, If I split a 5 min file into 1 min segments, by the time if gets to the 4th min segment, it aborts. PC hangs. I need to reset/reboot.
    Quote Quote  
  20. hi ,
    It works gr8 but i want to convert 1:1, how can I do that?
    I have MTS file with res:1440X1080, original ID:4113, Frae rat:50, H264-MPEG-4 AVC and Audio 256 48Hz AC3
    i did change the Res to fit, but other things change...

Originally Posted by Soopafresh View Post
    Here you go. It's really, really easy. Follow the steps, and you'll have High Quality xvid AVIs in a matter of minutes.

mts_to_xvid_vr2.zip

2- Unzip, and drag your MTS or M2TS files into the same folder. Double click MTS_XVID_V2.bat to process

Default Output:

Edit the batch file in notepad and modify these video parameters to your liking:

Audio:

To Deinterlace:

Quote Quote  
  21. tnx

another thing, I trying with this as well:

mts_2_xvid_new.7z (5.12 MB, 352 views)

from the MTS file, I get 5 files:
    tst.ac3
    tst.avc
    tst.avs
    tst.dga
    tst.wav

I need to edit them on Avid / Studio / Premire ... cant i get a AVI / MPGE file ?
    Last edited by alpako; 10th Jan 2012 at 07:59.
    Quote Quote  
  22. First of all, a big thank you to all those who have contributed to this thread. I own a panasonic hdc-hs250 and using the ffmpeg utility and the batch files, have converted almost 100GB worth files to avi.

To maintain resolution and best quality and deinterlace, have used the following parameters:

for %%a in ("*.mts") do ffmpeg.exe -deinterlace -i "%%a" -vcodec libxvid -s 1920x1080 -maxrate 54000k -b 4000k -qmin 3 -qmax 5 -bufsize 4096 -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ab 1080k -y "%%~na_xvid.avi"
    for %%a in ("*.m2ts") do ffmpeg.exe -deinterlace -i "%%a" -vcodec libxvid -s 1920x1080 -maxrate 54000k -b 4000k -qmin 3 -qmax 5 -bufsize 4096 -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ab 1080k -y "%%~na_xvid.avi"

Hopefullly this is correct.

I am now trying to do the following:

- Have a date time imprint in the avi videos
    - retain the 5.1 audio quality

The first is key as I have my kids videos and the dates make a big difference.

Would appreciate any help you can provide regarding this. Thanks again!!

Regards,
    Amol
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Fair play to you Soopafresh, it works brilliantly converting .mts files from Panasoonic HDC-TM700 to .avi. Playback and audio - no probs.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  24. i made small application that uses ffmpeg.exe from http://ffmpeg.org/download.html
    it makes it allot easier
    try it out
    Download ffmpeg.exe and place it in the same folder with my application, otherwise it will give u error and exit.
    ure welcome
    Name:  New Bitmap Image.jpg
Views: 1570
Size:  33.2 KB
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by tonycstech; 8th Nov 2013 at 00:38.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by Soopafresh View Post

mts_to_xvid_vr2.zip

Default Output:

Audio:

To Deinterlace:

Did It, Still only shows 1 second when i had multiple minutes..
    Quote Quote