VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello
    I made a DVD folder, containing Video_ts and Audio_ts, ready to be burned to a DVD

But, also, I want to add other folder with some pictures used in the movie, but the burn sofwares only allow me to include ifo, vob and other files that belong to a dvd structure.

Is there any way to add a folder with extra files in the DVD structure?

thans

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What tools are you working with? Encoder? Authoring?

Throw us a bone.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dadrab:

-mpeg file edited and encoded with Adobe Premiere Pro built-in encoder

-Authored with Adobe Encore DVD

-Burned (or try to be burned.. wiht Nero, Easy dvd creator, and others)

claudio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've never used Encore, so I don't know whether it supports slideshow functionality or not, but I suspect it does. Perhaps some of the other folks around will chime in.

I use DVDLabPro to author and adding a slideshow in that is pretty easy, but there's a learning curve. You can add all your pictures in the "Assets Bin" just like you would a a movie or a soundtrack, but that's a PITA. Instead, if you open a new slideshow, one of the icons at the top of the slideshow working window is to add a folder to a slideshow. Click on it and graphics files within the folder you choose are automatically added to the show. You can manipulate from there as to length, sound, etc, etc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh yeah...

It's going to sound like I'm on an anti-Nero campaign (and maybe I am), but I'd use IMGBurn to create the final disc.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But, then:
    Is it possible to have another folder in the root disk ?? Video_ts, Audio_Ts and.... "Pictures" or "Files_used" , for example ??
    This is just what I want to know

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You can do that with mkisofs:

--- First, move the DVD-Video folders and the extra ones to a temporary directory
    (e.g. "C:\DVDVolume")

--- Secondly, run this command-line:

mkisofs -v -V volumename -o filename.iso -dvd-video C:/DVDVolume
    --- At last, burn "filename.iso" with [s:edcfb62d76]your favorite burnware[/s:edcfb62d76] ImgBurn,
    cdrecord, or PRASSI Ones.

HTH.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Name that folder 'JACKET_P' and you'll be DVD compliant.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can add any folder you like at the same level as the video_ts folder and burn a compliant disc. Imgburn is the best and easiest option (build mode, select the Video_TS folder, then select the extra folder and burn), but nero can do it as well. It doesn't have to be as complicated as people are making out. You can even use Nero to do it, if you must.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Encore DVD 2.0 will let you include a DVD-ROM folder (under the DISC tab, or file/select dvd-rom folder).

You can then burn a DVD Image file (which will include the specified DVD-ROM folder).

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    are the extras, for the PC, or for viewing on the DVD player

for the DVD player use, IDK

but for PC use , just put the folder in the disc root after you choose the video_ts folder, then burn the disc with image burn, or burn as a data disc.

for the most part a DVD player doesn't care if there is extra stuff on the DVD as long as the video_ts folder is there
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by theewizard
    are the extras, for the PC, or for viewing on the DVD player

for the DVD player use, IDK

but for PC use , just put the folder in the disc root after you choose the video_ts folder, then burn the disc with image burn, or burn as a data disc.

for the most part a DVD player doesn't care if there is extra stuff on the DVD as long as the video_ts folder is there
    Just to avoid confusion, if you plan to play it on a DVD Player, you want to avoid burning as a DATA disc -- because the DVD Player does care for the proper placement of the files for your dvd-video (i.e. use DVD-VIDEO mode if your burning software offers a choice between DVD-VIDEO and DVD-DATA).

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote