VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Working on a VHS->DVD conversion.

I am using AviSynth->CCE Basic to output mpv and mpa files. I wanted to then import these files into NeroVision for authoring but whenever I import the mpv file only the first half of the video is imported. The full audio (mpa) file is imported however. It is very strange. I am guessing it has something to do with the mpeg flags that CCE is using.

Has anyone experienced this before?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No. CCE produces DVD compliant mpeg files. Either you aren't converting the whole thing, or Nero is wrong. My money is on Nero being the problem.

Are you actually scanning the whole video to make sure it's incomplete, or taking Nero's word for it based on timecodes/running time as displayed by Nero. I would scan the file, as Nero may be reading the headers in correctly and showing a truncated running time.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The mpv file plays correctly in VLC (50 seconds), but once imported into NeroVision it claims it is only 22 seconds. Additionally, when I play the preview in NeroVision the video stops at 22 seconds but the audio (mpa) keeps going for the full 50 seconds.

Ugh, I just need NeroVision for authoring. I don't need fancy menus but I also don't want to spend any more money.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh yeah, one other thing... If I encode in CCE @ CBR with a system stream (single mpg file) the file imports into NeroVision correctly (full 50 seconds).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    GUIForDVDAuthor or DVD Styler are both free and can author and do menus. Much more reliable than Nero.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    From the rash of posts I've seen lately, almost anything is more reliable than Nero.

I have personally used GUIForDVDAuthor. It's really very good, especially if you're a beginner. There are lots of tutorials and guides around and the author is a pretty frequent poster on these boards.

Give it a shot. It might not have a spashy a GUI as Nero, but I'll take functionality over "splashy" any day.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, I think the problem is with CCE Basic (or rather my understanding of it). I am moving my question over to the Conversion forum. Thanks for you help guys!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you importing that script manually in CCE ?

Can you show your Avisynth script ?

One test you can make :

add Info() to the end of your script and play it in WMP....see the framecount

then when you convert with CCE see if it is encoding the same framecount

that seems to me a DS script with ConvertFPS set to true, which makes that symptoms, but is just a thought
    Quote Quote